Assistant Financial Controller CBA Europe N.V. (bank in formation)
3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
CBA Europe N.V. is a public limited company (Naamloze Vennootschap) in the Netherlands and a subsidiary in formation of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (“CBA”), an Australian banking corporation.
Subject to obtaining the required authorization from De Nederlandsche Bank (“DNB”), the Dutch Central Bank, CBA Europe N.V. intends to become a fully licensed “credit institution” to undertake banking business and investment services and activities.
CBA Europe N.V. is part of CBA’s wholesale banking division, Institutional Banking and Markets (“IB&M”).
About Institutional Banking & Markets:
The IB&M division serves the financial needs of large institutions and governments across Australia and New Zealand and in select international markets in Europe, Asia and the Americas. IB&M’s Purpose reflects the unique and pivotal role it plays for the CBA Group and Australian economy: “IB&M combines global connectivity and capability to build a better Australia”. The division is the CBA Group’s centre of excellence for high-value, low frequency, client-tailored solutions. Its aim is to provide clients with access to capital, risk management solutions and facilitates cross-border trade and capital flows.
About CBA Europe N.V:
CBA Europe N.V’s sole focus is on the IB&M division and its wholesale clients. Having a presence in the European market is critical for the CBA Group as it provides the global capability and connectivity that is required to build a better Australia. CBA Europe N.V. will act as the European gateway to Australia and New Zealand to facilitate investment and bilateral trade.
IB&M Finance supports the business by providing product and financial control, regulatory and accounting advice, and strategic analysis to support the delivery of business objectives.
Do things that matter:
As we are building up our envisaged banking operations we are recruiting a Junior Accountant to work closely together with the Financial Controller of CBA Europe N.V. and set up the finance department of CBA Europe N.V.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Setting up the General Ledger in Amsterdam;
- Performing the monthly closing;
- (Assist with) statutory reporting, reporting to CBA group for consolidation purposes and management reporting;
- (Assist with) preparing IFRS financial statements;
- (Assist with) Managing Tax compliance obligations;
- Participate in ad hoc (cross-functional) projects;
- Positively contribute and collaborate with the CBA group stakeholders.
We are interested in hearing from you if you have:
- Bachelor degree in financial accounting;
- 3-5 years working experience;
- Strong accounting skills;
- Preferably working experience within a wholesale bank or within an accounting firm servicing financial institutes;
- Knowledge of IFRS;
- Knowledge of Dutch tax regulation;
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials is a plus;
- Self-starter, ability to work independently;
- Ability to adapt and excel in start-up environment;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Experience with working in an international environment;
- Fluent in English, both in written and verbal. Working knowledge in Dutch is strongly preferred.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 26/09/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.