Audit Staff Accountant (FSO) – Fall 2020 Opportunities: Bermuda
At EY, we build a better working world through innovation, so we can meet the evolving demands of business, regulators and investors. Our auditors ask better questions that drive increased skepticism around financial information to protect and serve the public interest. It’s those questions our people ask during an EY audit that help generate wider economic and social benefits today and a strong legacy for a better tomorrow.
The broad business perspective you get in EY’s Assurance practice will serve as a launch pad to your career, whether you stay at EY to partner or seek a role in the C-suite. Our easy-to-use Audit Career Framework will help you map your successful career path, understand just what’s expected of you, and access the right learning, experiences and coaching to support your career progression. Along the way, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the inner workings of business and draw on your accounting knowledge to help solve complex challenges.
Your key responsibilities
You will spend much of your time meeting with our clients directly at their offices, undertaking audit activities to identify and resolve complex issues. When you start with the organization, you will join our audit practice and one of our FSO industries - Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, and Wealth & Asset Management. You will be given opportunities to work across these industries, which will provide deep knowledge of key drivers for success and risks specific to the industry. Whichever you choose, you’ll find no shortage of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities while discovering and developing your strengths and ambitions.
How will I spend most of my time?
- Identifying potential audit issues or unusual relationships in financial statements with detailed analytical trend analysis
- Demonstrating your professionalism while working in clients’ environments and providing exceptional service
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our clients to provide definitive auditing services
To qualify for the role you must have
- Or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting, with a strong academic record, including course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- A demonstrable plan for passing either the Canadian CPA or US CPA exams, including an outline for completing all prerequisite courses and requirements to begin the relevant professional program
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of a professional working environment
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
- A proven record of excellence in communication and negotiation, supported by the technical writing skills to translate data into compelling stories and meaningful insights
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Bermudian / Spouse of Bermudian / Permanent Resident status
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A passion for activities outside of your studies, especially promoting your ability to collaborate as part of a diverse team
- An eagerness to learn how our clients operate across different industries
What we look for
We’re most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on engagements from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in audit activities, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, support for obtaining your professional qualification, a competitive pension plan, a minimum of 20 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.