Early Career Program: Finance (Malaysia) 2021 Opportunities
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Join our Finance team
Our Early Career in Finance program is built to develop world-class leaders ready to take on tomorrow’s challenges. The program combines our renowned leadership development and diversity of thought with globally challenging experiences. Participants gain broad exposure to the challenges and opportunities facing Finance teams in the workplace today.
Take your career to the next level
Our Early Career Program in Finance is built on the principles and proven legacy of leadership development and innovation. Our program provides three rotational assignments in finance roles combined with formal classroom training in finance, accounting, business and leadership development. The program provides the opportunity to develop you into a future finance leader.
As part of this Early Careers program in Finance, you will be responsible for:
- Completing rotations and assignments in areas such as: commercial and supply-chain finance, financial planning and analysis, treasury and investor relations
- Participating in intentional and structured career development activities and receiving active coaching and mentoring
- Contributing significantly to business outcomes through delivery of your assignment projects
- Interacting with peers and networking with global Finance business leaders to gain exposure and obtain support for assignments
- Solving critical international business challenges through participation in cross-functional, mission-based teams
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s, Master's or equivalent degree in either Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or Business
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or greater on a scale of 4.0 (or equivalent)
- Have a maximum of 3 years post Bachelor’s degree experience
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and have effective communication skills
- Show strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and implement improvements
- Be part of a collaborative team that shows a continuous learning mindset, accountability and integrity
- Be geographically mobile due to location availability of role
- Be able to legally work in the country that you are applying in, without company sponsorship or time restriction
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- For us flexibility works both ways, depending on your assignment rotation there maybe occasions where you will be able to work remotely
Working with us
Working at Baker Hughes means being at the forefront of the energy transition. Our people are diverse, ambitious and collaborative. Were on a mission to redefine the energy sector by unlocking the power of engineering, data and science.
The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionised energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, were committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and were always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Please ensure you apply as early as possible and no later than October 15, 2020 to be considered for this role. The final assessment will be held soon after this date and you will be informed if you have been successful in your application after this date.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Lets come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.