Consulting Senior – Financial Services Office (FSO): The Cayman Islands
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we aim to attract the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for positions as Consulting Seniors in our Financial Services practice in the Cayman Islands. These are exciting, multi-disciplinary consultancy opportunities with a primary focus on serving clients in the Banking, Wealth & Asset Management and Insurance industries.
Your key responsibilities
Our consulting professionals typically work as part of multi-disciplinary EY engagement teams to assist our clients in areas such as:
- Performance Improvement – Help our clients with improving the effectiveness and design of their operations, finance and accounting functions. Areas of focus include finance transformation, finance process re-engineering, accounting change implementation, enterprise cost reduction, operational improvement, consumer finance and treasury advisory
- Internal Audit/Process & Controls – Help our clients evaluate and enhance their internal audit functions as well as the overall control environment of the institution and providing industry-focused, strategic outsourcing and co-sourcing services
- Risk Management/Financial Crimes Compliance - help our clients combat global illicit finance; areas of focus include anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions compliance, counter-terrorist financing, anti-bribery and corruption, and financial intelligence matters
- Technology Risk Assurance - Assist our clients with establishing an effective governance, risk, and control environment by evaluating controls, business and technology alignment, regulatory requirements, risk processes, metrics and reporting, and risk frameworks
- Enterprise Intelligence – Help our clients manage the collection, storage, use and quality of data and enable information intelligence to meet business needs across finance, risk and operations. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Quality and Governance, and Data Management
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, budgets and other planning documents
- Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing the daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status and managing staff performance
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems or a related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience in a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or comparable experience as an advisor/consultant to a financial services company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Effective organization, project management, and time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
Ideally you'll also have
- CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CIA, CAMS, or other service line relevant certification is desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to manager
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
What we look for
We’re most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on projects from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in business and management consulting, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, support for obtaining your professional qualification, a competitive pension plan, a minimum of 20 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement team
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.