Strategic Program Manager
5 days left
- Experience level
About EY GDS
EY Global Delivery Services means 38.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
The strategic program and project manager is accountable for delivering strategic initiatives as defined within IT organizations. Such projects are aligned to the core goals and objectives of the organization, are frequently cross business unit, cross-functional and multi-year initiatives.
Program Manager is also responsible for framing scope and approach, managing and leading a program team and managing change and expectations to governance and leadership stakeholder teams.
Your key responsibilities
- Successful scope, change, risk and delivery management execution by the team/sub-teams of a strategic program(s) to an agreed schedule, budget and scope
- Ensuring the team(s) are performing all the relevant project management processes
- Planning and managing program stakeholders, scope, activities, conflict resolution, and approach in and across a highly matrixed global organization
- Monitoring and controlling work input and scope. Constraint management and executing risk management processes.
- Leading regular quality assessment reviews with all aspects of project management.
- Ensuring the team is working within the defined governance processes at all levels of the technology organization
- Managing external contracts and suppliers where required
- Leading development of the all the project artifacts and ensuring delivery of the solution to schedule, budget and scope
- All aspects of the people management
Skills and attributes for success
- Monitoring and managing program scope, budget and schedule, and ensuring activities execute as planned; applying the methodological approach methods and variations
- Proactively managing global leader stakeholder in a matrixed organization; developing a trust advisor and teaming approach
- Proactively identifying and managing risks and the issues and leading a team to develop the risk management and the issues management plans
- Anticipating the problems before they occur; defining the problems or risks; identifying the possible causes; working with the team to identify solutions; selecting and implementing the most appropriate solutions
- Developing and managing the plans to address the team’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Ability to balance both the "science" of how to perform project management and the "art" of project management, which is learned through experience and skill training/application
- Analytical skills and problem-solving skills are needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously. Developing and leveraging business analytics to proactively manage and meet sponsor and customer needs
To qualify for the role
- Experience in managing IT projects for large, complex projects north of $250,000 in cost and 6 to 18 months in duration
- Mastery of project management methodology, tools and templates
- Track record of customer focus
- Management skills to manage more than one large program and complex projects simultaneously
- IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle – plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement.
- Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Experience in difficult negotiation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with use and deployment of tools, concepts and processes: finance TCO tools (e.g. Apptio), service, product, operations and support management (e.g. Service Now suite of products/modules).
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.