Tax Senior – Insurance (FSO): Bermuda
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
EY’s FSO tax practice provides comprehensive and specialized tax assistance tailored to the unique needs of the insurance industry. You would join our tax professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced with varied and specialized facets of reinsurance, general insurance and captive insurance taxation, including organizational structuring, tax compliance, and on-call advice.
Your key responsibilities
As a senior in our insurance tax practice, you will be responsible for tax compliance and advisory work for clients. You will work with Managers through Partners on key client issues in domestic federal, international and state and local taxation with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. You will be involved in tax compliance accounts for reinsurance and captive insurance clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Solid technical knowledge, ideally in the insurance tax area
- Build impactful relationships with new and existing clients and maintain relationships with firm leadership
- Create a positive and trusting environment where team members know each other and feel a part of their team
- Able to identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions before the work is sent for review to the partner or senior manager – and consult when necessary
- Managing multiple work assignments and deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or a business discipline, and/or an advanced degree in tax or law
- A minimum of eighteen (18) months’ of relevant tax experience
- A CPA (or equivalent internationally recognized accounting designation), Enrolled Agent and/or LLM certification preferred; non-certified and partially-certified hires are required to become certified before being eligible for promotion to manager
- Although not required, the ideal candidate would have experience serving clients in the insurance industry
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and exposure to state and local tax
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Excellent teaming, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in the insurance tax area
- A thorough understanding of building client relationships
What we look for
We’re interested in hard working team players who are comfortable partnering with others as well as working independently. You’ll also need to be a detail oriented performer who can multi-task and meet deadlines, as well as bring creative solutions to the job every day.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, a minimum of 20 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.