Client Service Specialist, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
As a Client Operations Specialist your role will be to assist the Operations Manager with the day-to-day operational processes and core deliverables within Fund Operations. You will provide assistance to the Operations Manager in the supervision of the team and to ensure that client service is central to its workings.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Service Specialist you will
- Review of the daily unit pricing pack and Rate of Return report prepared by the Core Accounting team.
- Investigation of client reconciliation items on a daily basis by engaging with multiple teams in different locations both in Australia and Internationally.
- Manage and respond to internal and external queries for the client relationships managed by the Unit.
- Work with both internal teams and external parties to manage client events, such as quarterly distributions, fund launches, and financial year end.
- Assist with preparation of daily and monthly deliverables to client including KPI reporting
- Assist the Operations Manager in conducting oversight and governance on services provided by the global Centre of Excellence sites.
- Work with your team members to create and maintain a work coverage plan for the Unit.
- Ensure a commitment to Risk Excellence through compliance with standard operating and client specific procedures, timely escalation and reporting of incidents, and completion of required compliance and regulatory training throughout the year.
- Drive your career progression by engaging in regular performance review and development discussions with your Manager.
- Proactive customer focus at all times
- Respond promptly to client concerns, needs and requests, and participate in the resolution of problems as required
- Ensure all agreed client deliverables and standards are met
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of deliverables
- Assist in the review of client deliverables; identify and initiate operational efficiencies
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure full understanding, adherence and implementation of the corporate Risk Policy and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure all information in operational databases is accurate and current at all times, including fund specific procedures
- Demonstrate initiative in reviewing current operating procedures to eliminate duplication of effort, identify potential risk areas and implement best practice recommendations
- Supervise the information prepared by the team and ensure adequate audit controls
- Preparation and review of Risk Packages in accordance with agreed format
- Assist the Account Manager in actioning internal / external audit findings in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a willingness to support change / initiatives within Fund Operations and other SSAL areas
- Demonstrate ability to take on tasks without instruction
- Awareness of and active support of current and future technologies
- Participation in relevant projects
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking,
- Problem solving,
- Ability to work well as part of a team,
- Strong communication
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree qualifications, preferably in business/finance
- 3 years of experience in financial services experience required, with previous custodial experience preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.