External Audit Manager
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Within London Audit, you'll have the opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of clients, from owner managed businesses, private equity backed companies, up to large multinational and listed groups. We work with well known clients across a broad range of industries including entertainment and media, pharmaceuticals, technology and communications, energy, utilities and mining, retail, hospitality and leisure, business services, construction and real estate. We also work across the third sector, spanning a number of government and public sector clients and charities. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on global projects, collaborating with PwC colleagues and clients all over the world.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Being a key contact throughout the year to our clients which range from FTSE listed businesses to owner managed businesses in the infancy of their life cycle.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- CA/ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) or equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- Experience of working on IFRS engagements as well as UK GAAP (experience of other accounting frameworks an advantage)
- Proven ability to lead audit engagements from planning to completing on a diverse range of assignments
- Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience of developing teams through coaching
- Strong project management and organisational skill.
- An ability to innovate and add value to clients and projects
- A proven ability to manage and monitor engagement budgets and financial performance
Find out more about our PwC office locations.The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.