Private Equity Fund Accounting Manager
Account Manager, Private Equity
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
Over the past 20 years Citco has invested heavily in growing the Private Equity & Real Estate (PERE) line of business. Our Strategic Centre of Excellence is home to some of the most accomplished professionals in the sector, providing best in class client support and unparalleled opportunities for learning, development and career progression.
Due to continued growth, we seek an accomplished and highly capable Account Manager to join to provide leadership and direction for a team of fund accountants, and ensure clients across mulitple PE funds receive the world class support they expect from Citco
Job Duties in Brief:
- Coach, develop, train staff
- Manage client engagements
- Maintain and control the general ledger and various sub-ledgers
- Prepare and review financial statements, footnotes, and partner capital statements
- Prepare and review limited partner and general partner allocations
- Prepare and review trial balances and work paper product
- Review capital activity that pertains to the funds including capital calls, distributions, rebalances and transfers
- Prepare and review fee calculations including (but not limited to) management fees, admin fees, waterfall clawback, and carried interest calculations
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables
- Interact with senior management and manage overall relationships for multiple clients
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- Establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- Coordinate with Operations group, Financial Statement group, Tax group, and Investor Relations group
- Coordinate, manage, and monitor external audit process
- Review private equity fund client's partnership agreements, PPMs and other materials
- Implementation of fund structures on accounting system
- Ad hoc reports as needed
- Any other functions required as part of the business of the Company, and reporting to the Managing Director.
- 2+ years' experience in managing a team of Fund Accountants, Senior Fund Accountants and Supervisors
- 3-5 years of fund accounting
- Knowledge of US GAAP and other comprehensive basis of accounting
- Knowledge of waterfall structures, modeling and calculations desirable
- Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word essential, experienced user of the SunGard Investran PE accounting platform highly desirable
What We Offer:
- A collaborative and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
- A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate.