Real Estate Fund Accounting Manager
1 day left
- Experience level
Job Title: Manager - Real Estate Fund Accounting
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
Citco Real Estate Investment Fund Services (REIF) is a business line within Citco Fund Services; which provides quality corporate and administration services to many of the world's largest real estate funds and investors.
Our dedicated real estate team has developed a unique vertical and horizontal "360˚" administration services approach, covering the administration of the fund itself but also the administration of intermediary holding companies and property owning companies, across all regions, resulting in a seamless administration of all levels of the fund.
The Manager is responsible for ensuring that real estate funds and real estate fund managers are provided with accurate and timely accounting services, and for managing client relationships, in line with client Service Level Agreements, Citco procedures and applicable accounting standards while also maintaining a focus on training and development of staff, work flow processes and improvements.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Review Quarterly/Monthly reports and working papers, which include:
- Cash and Position Reconciliations
- Expense Accruals
- Agree Dividends and Interest Accruals if applicable
- Review all capital activity pertaining to the funds (Capital Call and Distribution processing)
- Review Limited Partner and General partners/Shareholder Allocation ; calculations/schedules - includes review of Admin/Management fees/Waterfall/Clawback calculations
- Trial balances and related working papers
- Financial statements, footnotes and Partner Capital Statements
- Overall responsibility for client relationships and meetings
- Interact with Senior Management and clients
- Review processes and procedures and recommend solutions in order to improve efficiencies
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external audit standards
- Coordinate, manage and monitor external audit process
- Liaise with clients and assist them on accounting and administrative issues and relevant developments
- Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients
- Review client partnership agreements, PPM's and other materials
- Implementation of fund structures onto accounting system
- Preparation of client service plans including annual budget
- Liaising with property management companies
- Ensure adherence to service standards and specified deadlines
- Problem, error and query resolution on a timely basis
- Review the work of team members and provide feedback for improvement in order to guarantee timely delivery and quality of work
- Monitor and track team performance and profitability in order to meet the client service level agreements and achieve financial targets
- Plan resources in line with business demands, participate in the recruitment and selection process, lead, coach, develop, motivate and appraise employees within the team
- Establish plan for new client setup and transitions
- Keep Senior Management abreast of all material issues affecting the processing of deliverables
- Ad Hoc Reports requests and operations metrics as required by management
- Implement training initiatives
- Bachelor or Master level degree (in accounting, finance, economics) desireable
- Professional accounting designation (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA,) desirable
- Min 4 years public/private accounting experience
- Min 5 years real estate and/or private equity experience
- Knowledge and experience in US GAAP and IFRS required
- Knowledge of Private Equity and/or Real Estate Funds and Real Estate Industry
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience of other professionals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Fair Value Accounting
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
- A highly competitive salary package will be awarded to the successful candidate.