As a Graduate Accountant you will be working within the Client Finance team supporting financial accounting and financial reporting for various client portfolios.
Enstar is a leading global insurance group that provides innovative capital release solutions. Our key business activity is the acquisition - after careful analysis - of discontinued portfolios of insurance risk, along with the assets that back them. We release their embedded value through careful and focused management.
As part of the client finance team you will be involved with both financial accounting and financial reporting as well as providing additional support for tax, audit and any ad-hoc finance related tasks.
The key aspects of the role include:
- Assist financial accountant with calculation of accruals and prepayments.
- Agree inter company expense balance sheet and income statement positions on a quarterly basis
- Prepare payment requisition form of positions prior for review by financial accountant to enable settlement to be made prior to end of quarter.
- Assist financial accountant with VAT workings and reconciliation to physical payments made.
- Process journal entries, maintain general ledger and assist with general ledger reconciliation work.
- Assist with the production of monthly and quarterly technical reporting for US Gaap and Solvency II reporting purposes. This will include monthly/quarterly narrative of large claims and quarterly reporting of technical result for specific portfolio(s).
- Assist in preparing actual versus budget expense analysis
- Prepare currency matching schedules
- Assist Financial Accounting with the preparation of the quarterly technical fx proof reconciliation
- Assist with collating and preparing supporting documents and schedules for the auditors
- Assist Financial Controller in providing supporting analysis for Corporation Tax purposes
- Assist in preparation of data for capital modelling
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- University Graduate with relevant degree
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills, particularly excel
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Able to meet tight/multiple deadlines
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure