Finance Data Office, Issue Management and Data Governance - Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- The opportunity to work with various financial products
- As being part of a global team, active involvement in firm-wide valuation projects and initiatives
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests.
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Tracking, adjudication and reporting of Data Issues
- Facilitating the issue remediation process across various teas in Finance, by hosting and facilitating conference calls amongst SMEs required to drive items to closure
- Working across teams to articulate issue facts, materiality, impact and track direct benefits
- Accountable for escalation of Data issues to FDC via Data champions and the Data Councils
- Support, facilitate and strengthen the Issue Management and identification of risk concentration across Finance, including the establishment of key documentation and controls as budget allows for
- Prepare materials for FDC and working group meetings including status updates and implementation planning
- Work across control functions to support the implementation of Policies, Standards and Processes required as part of the Governance Framework
The Finance Data Office provides advisory service to Finance senior management and various teams across Finance. It has three areas:
- Data Sourcing - what data does Finance need and how good is it
- Standard and Compliance - what should be common across our data and is our data there yet, and compliance to data policy
- Issue Management - what are the problems with our data, what are the root causes, where our data issues are concentrated
The team is spread across different continents; Europe (London), America (New York) and Asia (Manila)
- Strong, data-oriented, and problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to work with virtual teams across varying regions towards the achievement of common goals
- Aptitude for working in a swiftly changing, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Product knowledge across all asset class (Derivatives and SFTs)
- University degree (BSc or BA) in accounting, finance, or a related discipline, or equivalent
- Postgraduate qualification / studying towards: ACT, ACA or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Finance / investment banking preferred
- Finance - capital or liquidity reporting (COREP, LCR, NSFR etc) would be beneficial
- BAU / production issue management and resolution
- Dealing with Front Office, market risk Credit risk, Operations and IT support
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.