Commercial Real Estate Director for EMEA, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
The candidate will join the Commercial Real Estate lending team within State Street’s Global Credit Finance division to grow and manage a portfolio of commercial real estate mortgage loans. The team is responsible for sourcing, underwriting and closing real estate loans secured by office, retail, multi-family, industrial, and hospitality properties. The candidate will focus on building and growing the commercial real estate mortgage loans in Europe and will be based in London.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the CRE Director in EMEA, you will
- Performing credit and risk assessment of borrowers’ financial and business background
- Performing credit and risk assessment of the real estate collateral including property economics and market analysis
- Evaluating loan opportunities by its structure, legal documentation and pricing in accordance with our credit risk appetite
- Preparing financial projections and underwriting memoranda for credit approval
- Participating in the closing of all approved loans
- Performing annual credit review and monitoring loans for problems, and recommend workout and recovery solutions for non-performing or defaulted loans
- Coordinating workflow with other departments and stakeholders within State Street
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Capacity to work independently and motivation to achieve goals with minimal supervision
- Ability to participate productively as part of a team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and Master's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field
- Minimum of 15 years of experience working in commercial real estate lending in an underwriting and/or client facing role
- Previous experience working with credit risk analysis and commercial real estate loan underwriting in Europe
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Have good understanding of commercial real estate legal framework, and loan agreement and other supporting legal documents
- Experience with Excel and/or Argus valuation software
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.