Consultant, Fund Administration, Hedge Fund Services
Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services is a global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical accounting background.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly fund investor allocations
- Review fund documents in order to interpret and execute allocation requirements
- Prepare year end financial highlights and share capital disclosures for financial statements
- Interact with clients and other Hedge Fund Services teams to obtain understanding of funds’ activities and troubleshoot issues
- Work directly with new clients for coordination of system preparations during implementations
- Work closely with allocation vendor and internal technology resources to troubleshoot issues and scope new or desired functionality
- Consistently look to streamline and automate the reporting/analytical process with the use of technology
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills
- Detail-oriented and accurate in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with internal and external parties;
- Proven ability to organize a demanding workload;
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivation and an ability to work in a demanding and progressive environment meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and with accuracy
- Technical accounting background
- Experience with hedge funds, private equity funds, investment management and/or financial services preferred
- CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting strongly preferred, Master degree a plus
- Big 4 public accounting experience a plus
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.