FP&A - Manager/Sr. Manager
Finance Manager/Senior Manager- Financial Planning and Analysis, Charles River Development, (AVP)
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a Finance Manager with exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills who is able to work independently. A professional who wants to be part of a growing organization and having a significant impact on the business. This is a highly visible position in the company. Seeking someone who can take the initiative and be truly accountable. Candidate will work very closely with regional leaders and functional leaders. This positions is located in Burlington, Massachusetts.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the Finance Manager- FP&A you will
- Support the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes, including detailed analytics and financial recommendations related to the assumption and goal setting process.
- Build detailed P&L-level models, run scenario analyses, and perform ad-hoc analyses to assist executive management in making financing, budgeting, and investment decisions;
- Logically structure complex issues and communicate conclusions and alternatives to a range of senior executives including the CFO. Research large amounts of data that requires consolidation to allow for concise analysis.
- Utilize current documentation and tools/methodologies and recommend new solutions to improve/automate existing and new processes and support new initiatives.
- Develop dashboards KPI/metrics that provide management daily visibility into the performance and health of the business. Anticipate financial planning needs by providing monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting and analysis as needed.
- Coordinate across departments/functions internally to communicate and produce deliverables on a timely basis;
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Business acumen and outstanding partnership. Serve as a trusted, strategic finance partner to the leadership team in the areas of operating expenses, capital spend, ROI, operational efficiency, revenue growth, and profitability and help define and develop a 3-5 year operating plan.
- Critical thinking in a structured fashion and translate leadership discussions into an analytical decision-making framework Coaching
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior management. Excellent interpersonal communication as well as written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve results without close supervision.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A BA/BS degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or another related major; CPA/MBA strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 7-12 years of progressively responsible experience in business, finance or similar relevant experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a quantitatively-heavy position. Strong quantitative and analytical competency is a must.
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS is required.
- Revenue recognition experience including working knowledge of GAAP ASC 606.
- Thorough understanding of financial planning principles and SaaS based metrics.
- Advanced Excel skills including logic functions.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.