Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
3 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
You will provide a high level of client service, and be the first point of contact in relation to all accounting and tax queries for an allocation of clients. This will involve preparation and review of financial statements and templates, preparation and review of Trust distributions, Superannuation fund tax provisions, tax returns, and BAS returns.
This position supports the Australian Investment Accounting team and is responsible for monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual financial reporting, regulatory reporting and tax reporting to a diverse range of investment manager and superannuation fund clients.
It will be crucial to establish a level of client knowledge, to ensure all requirements are met and allow the team to build the relationship further. This will also involve managing new client onboarding process as it relates to financial reporting and tax, in conjunction with other teams.
You will report to the Manager of Financial Reporting and Tax and work closely with other teams to achieve client reporting objectives (i.e. Unit Pricing, Business Process Analysts, Client Services, Operations and Technology).
- Experience working within a Custodian, Superannuation fund, or Investment Manager accounting/tax team
- Technical understanding and practical application of accounting and tax concepts as they relate to Managed Investment Schemes (MIS’s) and Superannuation funds
- Understanding of unit pricing and unit registry concepts
- Client service and relationship management
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of Australian Accounting Standards as they relate to MIS’s and Superannuation funds, and the different assets they invest in
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of Australian Tax rules as they relate to MIS’s and Superannuation funds, and the different assets they invest in and an understanding of different trust structures and entity types
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of regulatory reporting requirements – APRA, ABS, BAS, PAYG
- Strong excel skills and the proficiency in utilizing financial statements and tax reporting system tools
- Accounting/Commerce/Finance degree qualified ideally with a CA or CPA
- 6 years of relevant experience
As of June 30, 2020, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $12.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $9.3 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.3 trillion in assets under management
- $151 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.