Manager European VAT Compliance
- Experience level
What impact will you make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
To assist our clients in dealing with the intricacies of indirect tax, our Deloitte Global Tax Centre (Europe) based in Brussels proposes the services of a multi-disciplinary team of over 150 specialists (lawyers, economists, accountants, IT-specialist, project managers) drawn from all over Europe (16 nationalities mastering over 20 languages), who are highly experienced in assisting companies with multi-jurisdiction VAT-compliance, dealing with the complexities of local regulations and procedures – such as communicating with local tax authorities, setting up new VAT registrations and filling Intrastat and EC Sales returns.
Work you’ll do
- You’ll assist with the Pan-European accounting and tax administration, including the review of VAT, Intrastat and other related declarations;
- You’ll assist shared service centres with the setup of their accounting and VAT obligations on a Pan-European basis;
- You’ll assist our clients with VAT and Intrastat audits on a Pan-European basis;
- You’ll provide clients with advice and practical consulting services on Pan-European VAT reporting matters;
- You’ll be coaching and developing a team of professionals;
- You’ll be managing all compliance related aspects of a/your client portfolio, responsible for the delivery of compliance services;
- You’ll implement processes and identify sustainable planning opportunities to help clients mitigate risk;
- You’ll identify and develop opportunities to grow the business.
- You have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in accountancy-tax, either in large organisations with shared service centres or in the consulting arena
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accountancy-tax or a master’s degree in economics or law
- You communicate fluently in English. Any additional European language is an asset
- You have a great sense of accuracy and you are results-oriented
- You are an enthusiastic and flexible team player
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction.
What’s in it for you
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You’ll work in a collaborative, creative environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and many unique learning opportunities are offered. You’ll receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.