Regulatory Capital Calculation Controller
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Understanding of required capital for an investment bank
- Support the team`s workflow to execute daily/weekly Capital Calculation deliverables related to Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and Capital analysis according to the Standardized Capital Calculation rules for EMEA and US
- Produce monthly and quarterly Variance Analysis relating to Capital Calculation, provide commentaries explaining movements, trends in Capital/RWA
- Partner with the Regulatory Reporting and Internal Business Unit allocation teams to explain and validate daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly variances in capital numbers, investigate and reconcile differences
- Develop a deeper understanding the business, products, accounting dimension and RWA drivers
- Build solid knowledge of Regulatory Capital Calculation and Reporting framework (Basel III)
- Look to challenge and improve processes and procedures, enhance controls and support strategic development of firm systems#LI-AN1
- Accounting/Finance degree or equivalent
- Relevant work experience in the financial services industry (regulatory reporting, financial and product control, liquidity, treasury)
- Min. 3 years of working experience
- Product knowledge across a wide range of Equity, Fixed Income and Derivatives products is desirable
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Access skills
- Have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines
- Have the ability to work effectively within a local and global team
- High level of guardianship, ensuring exceptions are identified, resolved and escalated on a timely basis
- High level of organizational skills
The Global Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for preparing Capital and Risk Weighted Assets reports and other financial analysis for Morgan Stanley’s Business Units. The group liaises with Regulatory Reporting teams in New York and with other Finance teams globally.
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximise collaboration.
There are various employee offers such as discount theatre tickets, dry cleaning service and many more.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.