CRD Business Technology Risk Officer, AVP
- CRD Business Technology Risk Officer, Assistant Vice President Quincy and Burlington Locations supporting CRD
It is an exciting time to join State Street Corporation (SSC) in the Enterprise Technology Risk Management (ETRM) organization. ETRM is responsible for leadership, oversight, monitoring, and advisement around the discovery, management, and remediation of IT risks across the State Street enterprise.
The Second Line of Defense ETRM Team is seeking a candidate to support the technology risk management activities for Charles River Development (CRD), a State Street company. CRD helps enable sound and efficient investing across all asset classes. The candidate will work closely with the ETRM team across multiple Risk, Control and Technology functions and report to the ETRM Senior Business Technology Risk Officer. As a seasoned technology and risk leader, you will have the opportunity to enhance the program and establish jointly with your IT, business and ETRM peers the right set of strategy, framework, processes and business “C” level engagement.
- Drive effective implementation and communication of all Technology risk mgmt. policies and guidelines
- Act as the ETRM advisor to the business, IT organization and first line of defense (FLOD) control function on matters relating to the IT risk posture of CRD as benchmarked against established State Street standards and industry best practices
- Define and implement the IT Risk strategy for CRD with input from business “C” level suite
- Lead the discussion and vision around developing a holistic view of CRD technology Risk including establishment of communication channels to ensure timely escalation of significant risk issues
- Assist the business, IT and FLOD in prioritization of risks, risk initiatives and risk mitigation
- Provide direction, support and oversight with respect to management of information security and technology risks of core systems and applications
- Review and appropriately challenge technology risk decisions, direction, and initiatives under taken by the FLOD, IT or business, providing an independent voice to the risk management process
- Oversee risk and vulnerability assessments of the business systems and applications, and facilitate compliance/control reviews and associated remediation efforts
- Utilize available risk management tools in conjunction with other environmental changes to proactively monitor the Technology control environment and identify and address potential weaknesses and/or gaps in a timely manner
- Participate in due diligence efforts for new clients, vendors and M&A activity, as needed
- Serves as liaison and works collaboratively with other Risk disciplines, internal departments (Audit, ERM), Regulators and other external parties
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in the financial, consulting or technology industries preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in IT infrastructure and/or application security preferred
- Experience working in IT and/or risk management for a Systemically Important Financial Institution (SIFI)
- MBA preferred, advanced degree or undergraduate in finance, accounting or technology acceptable
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Ability to travel to Quincy and CRD Burlington headquarters weekly
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.