Wealth and Asset Management Director - Financial Services Risk Consulting – Dublin
- Experience level
Who are we?
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Consulting services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
We are seeking A Director with experience in financial services to join our Wealth and Asset Management FS Risk Consulting team. We are looking for excellent consulting skills coupled with a deep knowledge of the Wealth and Asset Management (Funds) Regulatory environment.
Working in our FS Consulting practice, you will have the opportunity to lead internal audit and risk consulting services in the Wealth and Asset Management sector and other financial service sectors, such as; insurance and banking.
The role involves developing and implementing solutions both within the Risk Consulting in collaboration with our Business and Technology Consulting teams and the wider EY organisation.
- Develop business and lead Risk Consulting engagements.
- For business development, you will lead proposals, lead the creation of tailored offerings and take them successfully to clients.
- On engagements, you will be managing teams, as well as senior client stakeholders and will be responsible for delivering high quality results on your projects through generating deep insight and impactful solutions.
- Actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships.
- With guidance from partners you will take the lead in identifying and pursuing potential business opportunities for EY.
- Drawing on your knowledge and experience, you will create innovative insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
- You will be responsible for ensuring your engagements deliver within budget.
- In line with our values and commitment to quality, you will consistently drive projects to completion and ensure that work is of high quality.
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff.
- Lead people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Risk Consulting professionals.
- Deep knowledge and experience of Risk Consulting. You should have relevant recent Big 4 experience (in the last 2 years), in winning and leading major engagements (e.g. Risk Transformation, Organisational Effectiveness reviews, Controls Improvement projects with recognised major organisations in the Wealth and Asset Management sector.
- Deep knowledge of the Regulatory environment, including UCITS, AIFMD (CP86) & MiFID.
- Great communication skills, verbal as well as written. An ability to communicate concisely and effectively with external, as well as internal stakeholders.
- Team management and client relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated successful business development skills in a Big 4 environment in Risk Consulting in both shaping and winning client proposals and generating sales on from existing engagements.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to understand a client problem and tailor a solution right for the client.
- Familiar with the quality, risk management and financial management requirements of managing projects in a Big 4 environment.
- Primary Degree (2.1) or above, from a leading university (preferred).
- Qualified accountant (preferred).
- A recognised and credible senior professional in the Risk Consulting space.
- Significant experience in either a Big 4 in the last 2 years, and/or in an Internal Audit or Controls role in a major global organisation in the Wealth and Asset Management sector.
- Experience of leading teams to high quality delivery and proven business development record is a must.
Benefits of a Career with EY
EY has 167,000 people around the world, with a Financial Services practice that’s fully integrated across EMEIA. We think and act in the same global terms as our clients, creating global opportunities for our people. Serving clients across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) from offices in 12 countries means great opportunities to build the networks – and have the experiences – that last a lifetime.
Our success is built on the drive and commitment of our people. In turn, we seek to provide opportunities that challenge, stimulate and develop — all in an environment underpinned by integrity and teamwork. At EY you will be part of a world in which you’ll discover what it’s like to perform at your best. We’ll help you develop the skills you need to be successful.
Please visit www.eyfsthoughtgallery.ie to find out information about EY Financial Services Ireland. On this site you will learn about our sectors solutions thought leadership and business leaders.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.