Accounting Policy, AVP-VP
- Experience level
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The Finance division at Credit Suisse aspires to be the best Finance division in the industry and a core driver of the bank’s vision. Our focus is to manage the bank’s capital, funding, liquidity and expenses to ensure we are well capitalized and have a strong enough balance sheet to withstand adversity and uncertainty. We are committed to drive cost efficiencies, improve control, quality and efficiency of our information and to engage with the businesses to actively prepare the bank for regulatory changes. To fulfill our directive we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We need to attract the best people and engage, grow and retain talents through an exciting and inclusive partnership culture.
The Accounting Policy and Assurance Group (APAG) Team is a Global team within Credit Suisse with a team based in London. APAG includes New Policy Implementation (NPI) and Policy Development (PD). NPI is responsible for all aspects of technical accounting related to the implementation of new US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards. PD is responsible for developing new and revising existing accounting policy documents. PD also provides technical advice to wider APAG team and to those teams who are responsible for reporting.
This role combines both NPI and PD responsibilities providing the candidate with both the ability to utilize their strong technical accounting and analytical skills as well as the opportunity to work across numerous partners to drive the implementation of new accounting standards from start to finish.
Core Tasks include:
- Technical analysis and interpretation of new accounting standards including drafting of Accounting Requirements Document.
- Perform a detailed impact analysis of the new requirements. Meet with partners to understand both technical and process impacts.
- Prepare and present education material to all impacted partners
- Represent Credit Suisse at industry working groups on new accounting standards.
- Project manage and drive the implementation of the new accounting requirements across Credit Suisse.
- Take on the role of a policy development subject matter expert where you will develop new and revise existing policy documents.
- This includes monitoring both the FASB and IASB on upcoming standards and provide feedback through the comment letter process.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Chartered Accountant / CPA with proven work experience in a similar position within the banking industry or a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP and / or IFRS with genuine enthusiasm and ability for researching and solving technical accounting issues and queries is essential. In addition, experience in US GAAP/ IFRS financial reporting and SEC reporting would be a plus!
- A proficient understanding of banking products from wealth management, asset management and investment banking business
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Able to take complex accounting concepts and explain them in everyday language as well as build positive relationships with internal clients in different locations to understand and address their needs.Excellent problem solving skills. Ability to identify, understand and research complex issues/risks. Develop solutions that resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Project leadership skills with ability and experience of driving projects, delivering end to end.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Advert ends 21st October 2020
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.