(Senior) Manager Business Tax
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Deloitte Belgian Tax and Legal practice consists of more than 700 professionals and plays a leading role in the Belgian market as well in the global Deloitte network. Our professionals are specialized in different domains such as Business Tax, Global Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax and Global Employer services.
Within Global Business Tax Zaventem we are looking for a (Senior) Manager with an exper¬tise in advising multinational enterprises on a broad range of inbound and outbound tax issues, including structuring of investments, financing of interna¬tional operations, cross-border transactions, permanent establishment and transfer pricing issues, business restructurings, etc.
Besides, Global Business Tax is also looking for two (Senior) Managers with the same type of expertise as described above, but with an affinity for large privately-held com¬panies. Working under the Deloitte Private umbrella, these persons will, together with the team in Zaventem, focus on private companies located in the wide area of Vlaams Brabant / Limburg, on the one hand, and the Walloon region, on the other hand. Having their office in Zaventem, these persons will obviously be encouraged to work in other Deloitte offices as well (as may be relevant when going to market).
Finally, Global Business Tax would like to strengthen its Business Change team in Zaventem with a (Senior) Manager who has a broad background and experience in assisting multinational enterprises, yet with an interest in tax aligned supply chain projects and the management of the company’s global effective tax rate. This person would typically focus on IP planning, digital business models and/or post-merger integration projects.
- As a tax (Senior) Manager, you will be the first contact person for clients, for all corporate international tax aspects. You will be working closely and building excellent relationships with them.
- Leading a client service team, you will be able to assure service delivery according to the high Deloitte quality standards.
- You will be involved in actively mentoring and counseling the corporate inter-national tax professionals playing an important role in the further development of the Global Business Tax practice.
- You will be able to build a network within Deloitte, strengthen your business advisory skills and working on business development, i.e. identifying new business opportunities and recommending appropriate solutions to your clients.
- You have a university degree in a business-related discipline such as law or economics, or a comparable background. A post-graduate qualification in tax law is a true asset;
- You are able to communicate fluently in Dutch, French and English;
- You have gained 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in a similar position (in a consulting or a law firm, with the Tax Authorities, etc.), where you demonstrated technical abilities and business skills;
- You are a team player with strong communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset;
- You have excellent commercial and networking skills.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence cllents, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction.
What’s in it for you
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You’ll work in a collaborative, creative environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and many unique learning opportunities are offered. You’ll receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organisation that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.