Senior Auditor II
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
The Global and Business Services Team within Audit Services is responsible for providing assurance focused on Northern Trust’s core banking (i.e., loans and deposits) and asset servicing (i.e., custody) operations, in addition to evaluating and advising on implementation of new and emerging technology such as robotic process automation. With this focus, team members have the unique opportunity to develop views towards enterprise risks across global processes and key technologies, drive thought leadership in assessing fraud risks and controls, and create data analytics strategies to increase assurance effectiveness. Team members are encouraged to build authentic relationships, think creatively and challenge the status quo, seek emerging trends and develop an insightful point-of-view, and hold themselves accountable in a flexible and delivery driven culture.
The Senior Auditor II is responsible for conducting and documenting audits throughout the Corporation. This role leads audit project teams, which includes providing oversight to the audit team and communicating results of the engagement to management. The Senior Auditor II provides technical expertise and training to auditors within the engagement audit team and works closely with Audit Managers to confirm the scope of the audit and to devise an appropriate testing approach to be performed during the engagement.
- Leads two or more audits simultaneously at a minimum
- Conduct and document more complex and high risk audits throughout the Corporation
- Demonstrates professional skepticism and comfort with questioning how certain processes are being performed in order to facilitate making improvements
- Finalizes planning documents
- Assisting in Audit Plan evolution by challenging scoping of audit project
- Functions in various roles on audit assignments, including leading audits, staffing audits, and providing oversight functions based on the needs of the team
- Applies analytical skills to review information, perform assessments of the audit results, and evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Leads a team of 1 or more staff in executing audits
- Works closely with the Audit Team Leader/Manager I or II to perform/develop the audit planning, scoping, and fieldwork execution strategy
- Works closely with the Audit Team Leader/Manager I or II to develop the audit budget and/or timeframe for how the audit will be completed
- Reviews the work papers of the audit team members ensuring that departmental standards have been met
- Communicates the audit status to business unit and Audit Services management. Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management
- Completes and compiles findings and recommendations for the purpose of status updates, memos, and audit reports
- Coordinates with other audit teams (business unit, regional, and specialist) to ensure evaluations of related areas occur timely and cover key areas within the audit
- Provides training, coaching, and auditing expertise to the audit team
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit/function
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
- Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
- Leading continuous monitoring meetings with business and Audit Services management
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Comprehensive knowledge of internal audit processes such as sampling, testing, and process/control walkthroughs with strong workpaper documentation skills. Experience with internal audit in the financial services industry is preferred but not mandatory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; experience with audit workpaper applications preferred
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) and/or an MBA along with demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (e.g., accounting, regulatory compliance, etc.) are preferred but not mandatory
- General knowledge of the operations, functions, and objectives of interfacing areas is required to properly perform audits on operations, services, systems, workflow, and operational impact on other areas
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change
- A College or University degree and/or adept auditing experience in a financial institution, or similar public accounting experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.