VP, Strategy Consultant
Who we are looking for
State Street’s Institutional Services Strategy team is focused on providing strategic support and insight across Global Services business units (e.g., Asset Manager Servicing, Asset Owner Servicing, Insurance Servicing, Performance Analytics and Middle Office Servicing) to drive effective decision-making and action by senior management. The Global Client Coverage organization includes our global sales and relationship management teams as well as the Global Client Division, which serves our 60 largest clients who account for more than half of State Street’s revenue.
As a Vice President on the Institutional Services Strategy team focused on client coverage, you will work closely with the leadership team of State Street’s largest business units. You will participate in complex strategy and organization projects involving growth opportunities, global client coverage models, segment strategies and revenue dynamics.
This is a great opportunity for a Project Leader to move from consulting to business leadership and join a very small, high-impact team with direct exposure to State Street’s business leaders and Management Committee. Strategy teams across State Street have strong track records of positioning team members for leadership roles across the firm. Senior management includes good representation of alumni from top management consulting firms, including the Chairman and CEO, Head of Strategy and CEO of Asset Management.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Global Client Coverage Strategy you will
- Work closely with the head of Global Client Coverage and her leadership team to identify and analyze key business issues, and develop recommendations to improve performance
- Develop frameworks and other tools to help business leaders structure their problems
- Facilitate GCC’s annual strategic planning process and quarterly account plan reviews, driving the development of the firm’s premier global client base
- Conduct extensive quantitative and qualitative analyses, participating actively in all phases of the project life cycle
- Communicate recommendations to senior management through effective oral and written communication
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives in multiple locations
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s and/or Bachelor’s with equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 3-5 years’ experience in management consulting
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.