Senior Finance Process Expert (Economics)
As a Senior Process Expert you will work closely with an international team of experts in Finance, Economics, Reservoir Engineering and IT to develop practical solutions for the Planning processes. Your focus will be on our planning tool (Planning One) – a planning and portfolio optimisation system we have rolled out across our Upstream and Integrated Gas portfolio. However, we are currently exploring to further utilise the tool across our Businesses. This is an opportunity for an experienced Petroleum Economist, Economist or an Engineer with a strong understanding of petroleum economics and an interest in software to move into a business analysis role. As we are a growing organization you will be presented with opportunities to take ownership for projects and rapidly develop your experience and skills in other areas of our Businesses as well.
This is a global role and may require flexibility to accommodate different time-zones in case of emergencies.
- Planning One currently has more than 600 users based in all geographical areas of Upstream and IGNE
- Interfaces including Group Planning and Reporting, FO PAR, Reservoir Engineering, Strategy & Portfolio and Economists at Group, Directorate, Line of Business and Asset level
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing a variety of business projects, change requests in the areas of business planning, reserves reporting, project economics, financial forecasting, portfolio optimization, and fiscal/commercial modelling
- Providing our stakeholders with commercial and strategic analysis along with decision analysis
- Proposing innovative solutions to generate better and timelier insights that help drive decision making in one of the largest gas producers in the world. Lead the development process for such solutions
- Working with software developers, architects and business counterparts to ensure the system is functioning in accordance with our standards and the business needs
- Managing project implementation of suite of software products and solutions
- Researching petroleum fiscal regimes and developing models to support analysis.
- Contributing to thought leadership within the organization
- Mentoring more junior analysts and help to develop their expertise
- Developing and cultivating long-term relationships with business stakeholders
- Delivering other automation initiatives in the Planning, Appraisal and Reporting space
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.