Portfolio Analyst - Senior Associate, IMS, Edinburgh
Who we are looking for
State Street CDM is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Australia, India and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the CRD project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
The Portfolio Analyst will monitor assigned accounts to them for issues associated with cash, settlements, ad-hoc processing, reporting, recordkeeping, reconciliations and pre/post cycle reviews. The individuals will be responsible to produce results of daily accounts review and are expected to work closely with clients, identify and resolve trends and educate and train staff on new issues once appropriate research has been completed.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Junior Portfolio Analyst you will
Portfolio Analyst provides operational investment support to the SSGA Portfolio Managers. As the key point of contact for the Portfolio Management team, and other internal clients, you will be allocated portfolios which you would be responsible for in an operational capacity. We are currently recruiting for roles supporting a range of Fixed Income portfolios
Daily functions include:
- Cash forecasting and monitoring of exposure.
- Verification of fund valuations.
- Performance calculation and query resolution.
- Investigating and resolving queries from internal and external clients.
- Support the monthly re-balancing process
- Regulatory Reporting
Key external interactions will be with Custodians, Fund Administrators, Counterparts and other Third Party providers. Internally, you will interact with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Compliance, Legal and Risk, as well as other operations teams such as Client Administration, New Business and the Reconciliations team.
Portfolio Analysts are expected to consider how current processes and procedures within the team can be enhanced, looking to strengthen controls and minimise risk. You will need to build up a strong knowledge of the accounts and products that we support, and be able to confidently answer any queries on them.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour.
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations.
- Analytically minded with strong problem solving skills
- Understanding investment markets and settlement.
- Understanding NAV and unit price calculations
- Performance measurement experience is an advantage.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet business deliverable.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Exposure to Bloomberg an advantage.
Education and Experience
- One to two years Operations experience gained from an investment manager, custodian or fund administrator
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- IOC completed or completing considered an advantage.
- Product Experience Desirable: Fixed Income, FX spot and forwards, Exchange Traded Futures and Options.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Other: Flexible working hours may be required.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.