Billing Operations Supervisor with German, Officer
Your new team
Global Billing Operations as a part of State Street's Finance Division is responsible for end to end client invoicing and reconciliation activities on investment funds. The team provide services for 7 EMEA countries: France, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland and the UK.
Your new role
Billing Operations Supervisor is responsible for all non-people management related tasks supervision. He/She will also support Billing Team Manager and/or Senior Billing Team Manager in daily billing process, presentations, process or client service transitions, projects and other assignments related to billing process.
To be successful in the role
You need to have in-depth Accounting / Billing Operations experience and proven client relationship building skills. You need to have an advanced command of German language as this function will coordinate service delivery for German market.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
General duties related to this position will include:
- Supporting Billing Team Manager in monitoring and reporting daily task completeness to Senior Billing Team Manager and/or Operations Manager
- Ownership of Billing process and identifying gaps and issues, proposing process improvements and leading the change
- Preparation of reports and information's on billing team performance for Senior Billing Management
- Supervising complex billing process performed by the team, act as an SME and technical support\
- Client relationship management
- Act as a central contact point for clients queries related to billing in assigned area;
- Remote process transition activities
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least 6 years of professional experience in financial accountancy, and/or billing area
- Extensive knowledge of accounting processes and accounting systems with special focus on billing area
- Advanced command of German (B2/C1 level required)
- Advanced English language skills (B2/C1 level required)
- Well-developed client relationships building and client service skills
- Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card
- Additional holiday entitlement
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.