Accountant Associate (contractor)
About the Company
We're at the heart of the Internet, handling between 15-30% of the world’s total web traffic, helping the most innovative companies remove the complexities of delivering any experience, to any device, anywhere. Founded in the halls of MIT, Akamai remains dedicated to a youthful optimism of problem solving through intellectual curiosity, collaboration and commitment. And we're growing quickly. If you'd like to work in a culture where hard work and innovative ideas are consistently rewarded, join us and help shape the future of the hyperconnected world.
Akamai has been recognized as one of the top Great Places To Work in Poland by the Great Place to Work® Institute in Poland.
About the Job & the Team
We're looking for a person on 12 months contract. Part time work possible - min. 30h/ week.
We are a team of 34 people responsible for supporting International operations of Akamai. We are looking for an individual to join our GL Entities Accounting team. This team has been built to coordinate and support the accounting and reporting processes of Akamai entities, which are located in countries with complex tax and accounting systems. This requires close cooperation with other finance and non-finance representatives around the world to support business operations and reflect the activities in the books.
As an organization, we provide you with huge amount of positive atmosphere accompanied with interesting development opportunities. We will support you in growing your skills and qualifications by organizing internal and external trainings and language courses. If you would like to be a part of young, diverse team, who enjoys challenges and working with each other, join us! You will have a chance to have real impact on the organization you work for!
We are looking for people who:
- 4th or 5th year Students of all faculties with interest in Accounting or fresh alumni of Master's degree;
- Availability to work at least 30 hours per week
- Possess good Excel skills
- Speak, write and read English language fluently
- Demonstrate good analytical skills and be able to draw clear and relevant conclusions
- Are eager to drive innovation
- Are strongly motivated to learn and demonstrate proactive approach
- Are cooperative and communicative
- Enjoy working in international and a fast paced changing environment
- Are independent and well organized in operations
- Are able to create clear and concise documentation
- Have experience with Oracle or other ERP applications (a strong plus)
- Oversee the process of payments for one of Akamai entities (including tracking documents flow, gathering approvals, reviewing payments in banking system, monitoring payment deadlines and being responsible for internal controls connected with the process)
- Support other team members with review of statutory financials & preparation of reconciliation
- Support other team members in month-end and year-end closing process for Akamai international entities (including preparation & processing of journal entries)
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are accurate and complete (including preparation/review of balance sheet reconciliations)
- against corporate books, including but not limited to: GL bookings, AR, AP & fixed assets.
- Collaborate with representatives of other Akamai departments and functions
- Help monitor compliance with US GAAP, company policies and internal controls
- Drive process improvements within the assigned scope of operations
- Support other accounting areas and functions as required