Accounting & Advisory Trainee Associate #SGUnitedTraineeships
This is a 12 months traineeship programme and trainees will receive a monthly training allowance for the duration of the SGUnited Traineeship Programme. To learn more about the programme, please visit our website.
The trainee will be offered an opportunity to build upon his/her accounting, tax and financial management experience. He will form part of a team providing accounting and advisory support to international businesses from a diverse range of industries. He is involved in work that is involves accounting transactions, analysis of financial information and preparing monthly management accounts and support schedules. In some instances, he may work specifically with monthly and yearly finalisation of accounts for audit purposes.
Mazars is committed to a positive culture and inclusive work environment where a diverse pool of talents who are sociable come together to explore, experience and discover opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Develop understanding of the business model, drivers of financial performance and accounting and tax risks;
- Handle accurate recording of accounting transactions and analyse financial information, to prepare meaningful monthly management accounts and supporting schedules;
- Understand and learn to prepare financial statements under SFRS and other international GAAP;
- Understand and learn to prepare GST returns and assist with tax compliance matters;
- Coordinate with external parties including external auditors, tax agents, corporate secretarial and government authorities, where required.
Competencies to Learn:
- Learn and understand the relevant accounting standards and its framework for financial reporting
- Learn the various accounting systems and treatments
- Learn and understand basic GST and payroll regulations and computations
- Gain understanding on professional standards and current development in practice and legislation
- Degree in Accountancy
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Team player with good communication, interpersonal and client servicing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with good organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
This role will be offered under the SGUnited Traineeships programme. This is a 12 months traineeship programme open to candidates who meets the following requirements:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and
- Graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from universities, or other educational institutions (e.g. private universities and overseas institutions)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.