Accounting Manager – New York, NY
HedgeServ is a top-ranked global, independent fund administrator. HedgeServ provides uniquely client-centric service and is the industry’s leader in technology. Headquartered in New York City and Dublin, HedgeServ currently services more than $350 billion of assets under administration across 210 client relationships, with 1,200+ professionals across our 14 offices in 8 countries (other locations include Boston, Chicago, Portland, Cayman, Cork, London, Sydney, Poland, Luxembourg, and Bulgaria). HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments.
Since its inception, HedgeServ has received multiple accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings in Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Hedge Fund Expertise and Regulatory Expertise.
To find out more information about HedgeServ, please visit www.hedgeserv.com.
The Finance Team is responsible for all proprietary accounting functions for all HedgeServ entities and locations. This position will expose the Accountant to senior level tasks related to these topics and give them an opportunity to grow within the department. The Accounting Manager handles next levels of complexity over a Supervisor on all topics listed below.
- Financial statement preparation, monthly and daily accounting functions (accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger preparation, balance sheet analysis, expense analysis, and carious reconciliation processes)
- Management reporting (client profitability and various other internal management reporting)
- Regulatory reporting
- Treasury functions
- Annual tax preparation for multiple countries and various tax types (Income, VAT, & Sales tax)
- Annual audit preparation
- HR support
- Accounting Degree
- CPA required
- 6+ years accounting experience
- Attention to detail and an understanding for the need for accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in a results oriented, high pressure environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required
- Self-motivated and solid team player
- Test will be given at first interview
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.