Finance Process Owner (PO) teams play critical role in World Class Finance change. They are driving E2E thinking sitting at the heart of digital transformation. It is particularly important in Tax area, as both compliance processes, MIT (Manage Indirect Tax) & MDT (Manage Direct Tax) are highly dependent on transnational and financial data generated by Group businesses and Finance processes.
Tax PO team has a great track record of delivering, jointly with Tax Operations, top-quartile process effectiveness & securing business license to operate responding to increasingly growing tax authorities demands. With solid foundations in place, the team is focusing on its Integrated Process Plan (IPP) targets: Operational efficiency; Demand management; Low Cost Automation and Transformational process transformation.
The Tax Process Expert role is critical to Tax PO team success. The group of Process Experts will contribute to achieving expected level of strategic performance, particularly actively participating in optimizing handoffs with business, finance & external partners, ensuring agile response to rapidly changing external requirements and delivering tax compliance transformational automation, clearing the path towards new generation of operations: Tax Control Room overseeing automated compliance process.
Tax PO team is accountable for global Tax compliance processes managed by 600 FTEs. The PO team owns 130 Tax IT applications, supports over 30 various ERPs & connected applications and maintains numerous engagements with external partners (vendors, advisors and process excellence teams from other multinationals). Each Tax Process Expert need to pro-actively contribute to managing the above scope based on assigned tasks and priorities
The Tax Process Expert role is a global role, of individual contributor character, requiring strong teamwork attitude. It requires pro-active interactions with representatives of onshore and offshore organizations on various seniority levels, with a need to influence them (without formal reporting line) to drive & ensure compliance with Tax requirements.
1. IT/ System (ERP) & Project work:
- The incumbent will mainly support GTIL (Global Tax Integration Layer) – Shell’s strategic solution for indirect tax filing and reporting. GTIL is a bespoke application, based on SAP HANA, currently in development by internal Shell IT. As part of the core project team, the Process Expert will
- Conduct tax business process analysis in order to capture and quantify business requirements
- Conduct future country deployment gap analysis to identify modification necessary to deploy the solution to additional countries
- Own the E2E delivery of a feature/ functionality/ enhancement of the solution
- Support the Product Owner in the prioritization of the requirements listed in the backlog
- Work closely with IT to design, develop, test, deploy and implement elements of the solution
- Support End Users in the implementation process (capture and analyze: defects, enhancements, optimization opportunities)
2. The role holder will also provide Tax/Systems/Data specialist input into business projects as well as supporting resolution of Tax/Systems/Data relevant queries.
- will represent the Tax Process Owner as a global Tax/Systems/Data Subject Matter Expert for tax relevant requirements and IT systems deployments & retrofits.
- Provide expertise regarding end-2-end data, process execution and related information technologies/systems
- Support Process Owners/Executives efforts to assess and improve data, process execution, performance and/or design within the tax compliance process
- Provide initial and ongoing Super User training/education with regards to process changes particularly around new releases of standards and versions of tools
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.