Consulting - Financial Services, Actuarial Services - Staff Associate / Senior Associate
Consulting - Financial Services, Actuarial Services - Staff Associate / Senior Associate (Non-Life Insurance)
In today’s complex business environment, developing a sound strategy using global insight and local reach is critical. As an actuarial professional, you’ll work closely with clients’ actuarial functions to assess their effectiveness and help them identify opportunities for improvement. Working alongside talented colleagues as part of a high-performing team, you’ll help clients adopt new financial reporting standards and support mergers and acquisitions.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a truly global integrated network, you’ll liaise with colleagues and clients across sectors and borders. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
- Support a wide variety of actuarial advisory projects for non-life insurance clients across Asia-Pacific region, e.g. valuation, pricing, capital, risk management, IFRS 17
- Complete allocated tasks efficiently while demonstrating professional judgment in seeking assistance, discussing ideas and resolving issues
- Support development of project proposals, business plan for a new service or product or a large account management strategy
- Understand and apply appropriate EY methods and tools to deliver projects for our clients
- Perform data checks through the use of reconciliations, reasonableness checks and summaries. Follow up issues with client.
- Apply knowledge to meet client needs
Qualifications, Education and Certification
To qualify, candidates must have:
- University/College graduate with at least 2 – 5 years of insurance experience in an actuarial and/or risk-related role
- Degree in actuarial science or other numerical majors
- Good progress in actuarial professional examination in non-life insurance
- Good project management, communication and people skill
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge in insurance financial reporting basis, e.g. IFRS, HK Insurance Ordinance, Solvency II, is an advantage
- Proficiency in VBA, actuarial and statistical software, such as SAS, R and Python, is an advantage
- Good command of spoken and written Cantonese, English and Mandarin
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.