Finance Business Partner
Join a team which has unique expertise combining the power of journalism and the law to advance media freedom, foster more inclusive economies, and promote human rights.
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to join the Finance team. The role will involve working closely with the Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Directors, Programme Teams and the Business Development Team to ensure sound management of the organisation’s financial resources and the smooth financial management of its projects.
They will be responsible for supporting different Programs and Business Development to put together correct budgets in donor proposals, help the implementation team put together the financial monitoring infrastructure for new projects , monitor actual spend vs agreed budgets to make sure donor requirements are met. The position will report to the Chief Financial Officer of the Thomson Reuters Foundation and have key relationships with the finance team/s, implementation team, and the Business Development team.
About the Role
As our Finance Business Partner, you will:
- Manage grant management across the Foundation from initial project set up to closure, working closely with Programme Manager to ensure all aspects of the Foundation’s financial management and donor requirements are met
- Manage donor budgets by reviewing project income and expenditure monthly making sure program managers are compliant with donor agreements and adhere to Foundation's financial policies
- Perform monthly review of cost allocations of projects and performance against agreed budgets with Programme Managers identify, investigate, report any resolve key variances by agreeing actions with the Program managers and Directors keeping the CFO and Financial Controller informed
- Work with the Financial Controller and operational teams to ensure that project financial management tools and information systems are up to date and reconciled on a monthly basis to key financial systems
- Work with the Business Development and program team to review and/or assist in the preparation of budgets for project proposals, ensuring full cost recovery and compliance to donor requirement including reviewing and sign off on any revisions to proposed budgets following donor feedback
- Contribute proactively in the design of financial policies, planning and monitoring tools in the organisation and help support the CFO with ad hoc projects
To be our Finance Business Partner, you will likely have:
- Accountancy qualification (ACCA/ CIMA)
- Experience of project accounting including experience and knowledge of donor funding and compliance
- Demonstrable experience of preparation of budgets and project financial reports (preferably trusts, foundations and institutional donors such as DfID and EU)
- Experience of analysing, interpreting and clearly presenting financial data and working with multiple currencies
- Knowledge and experience of charity financial processes including full cost recovery under projects
- Experience of using SAP or equivalent financial system
- Potentially some working knowledge of VAT accounting
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 18th September 2020 at 11.59pm UK Time.
What’s in it For You
At the Thomson Reuters Foundation, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Perspective and Impact: Interested in working for a dynamic global organization with a focus on social impact? With hubs all over the world from Bangkok to Madrid to Rio de Janeiro, join a truly international team with a shared goal of helping to build societies around the world that are free, fair and informed.
- A Unique Approach: Our expertise in media and the law is world class; we combine the power of both to address the critical issues faced by humanity.
- Our Relevance: With a focus on advancing media freedom, fostering more inclusive economies and promoting human rights, our work has never been more needed than right now.
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market-leading benefits.
- Learning & Development: We are dedicated to the continual professional development of our employees and offer access to both in-house and external training opportunities.
About Thomson Reuters Foundation
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is corporate foundation of Thomson Reuters, the global news and information services company. As an independent charity, registered in the UK and the USA, we work to advance media freedom, foster more inclusive economies, and promote human rights. Through news, media development, free legal assistance and convening initiatives, we combine our unique media and legal services to drive systemic change.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.