Join a team which has unique expertise combining the power of journalism and the law to advance media freedom, foster more inclusive economies, and promote human rights.
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is currently recruiting for a Financial Controller to join the Finance team. The role will report to the Chief Financial Officer of the Thomson Reuters Foundation and work closely with the Finance Business Partner and Finance Manager, Directors, Programme Teams and the Business Development Team to ensure correct and sound management of the Thomson Reuters Foundation’s financial resources.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for all aspects of the Foundation’s Financial Governance, including Statutory Reporting and the management of Thomson Reuters Foundation (TRF) Group in UK and TRF US and all Audits including Donor Audits as appropriate, Monthly Management Reporting and Board Reporting.
The FC will be responsible for ensuring that the Foundation is compliant with all statutory reporting requirements (SORP and IFRS), Charity Commission Requirements including making sure appropriate financial policies are in place.
About the Role
As our Financial Controller, you will:
- Responsible for the preparation of the Thomson Reuters Foundation (TRF) Group and TRF INC ( US Entity) statutory accounts and Leading on all Audits including any specific Grant audit/s
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly management accounts and Board Papers every quarter
- Responsible for ensuring monthly balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis are completed with the Financial Analysts and TR Outsourced general accounting teams
- Responsible for TRF Reforecast process working closely with the CFO, Finance Business Partner and Finance Manager
- Monitor and review financial performance of project accounts with FBP and Project Managers
- Work with the CFO and Legal in the set-up of other legal entities as appropriate ensuring appropriate controls, accounting, governance and compliance frameworks in place
- Responsible for review and sign off quarterly VAT reporting working with external outsourced provider and Financial Analyst
- Respond to and resolve where necessary financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data as appropriate
- Responsible for external Donor reporting on specific Projects as agreed with the CFO including preparation and assistance of grant audits in providing response to any queries
- Line management responsibility for the Financial Analyst
To be our Financial Controller, you will likely have:
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience in producing Statutory Accounts (preferably for a Charity) and leading on all aspects of audit in a complex organization
- Experience in Management Reporting, Reforecasting and Donor Reporting.
- Knowledge of financial policies, control and compliance
- Experience with SAP / BEX preferred
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 18th September 2020 at 11.59pm UK Time.
What’s in it For You
At the Thomson Reuters Foundation, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Perspective and Impact: Interested in working for a dynamic global organization with a focus on social impact? With hubs all over the world from Bangkok to Madrid to Rio de Janeiro, join a truly international team with a shared goal of helping to build societies around the world that are free, fair and informed.
- A Unique Approach: Our expertise in media and the law is world class; we combine the power of both to address the critical issues faced by humanity.
- Our Relevance: With a focus on advancing media freedom, fostering more inclusive economies and promoting human rights, our work has never been more needed than right now.
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market-leading benefits.
- Learning & Development: We are dedicated to the continual professional development of our employees and offer access to both in-house and external training opportunities.
About Thomson Reuters Foundation
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is corporate foundation of Thomson Reuters, the global news and information services company. As an independent charity, registered in the UK and the USA, we work to advance media freedom, foster more inclusive economies, and promote human rights. Through news, media development, free legal assistance and convening initiatives, we combine our unique media and legal services to drive systemic change.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.