Sales Ledger Controller
On behalf of a business based in Reigate I am recruiting for a Sales Ledger Controller to join their long standing finance team.
My client is a very well established, local business. They have a great working environment and are happy to offer training and support to someone looking at developing their accountancy skills.
This Permanent Accounts Receivable position based in Reigate will involve the following responsibilities:
- Chasing aged debt with the aim of achieving settlement of sales invoices within payment terms. Obtaining payment dates and approval of invoices from clients, subsequently updating the aged debt workbooks with the respective comments.
- Daily allocation of receipts to the sales ledger.
- Monitoring the payments received from clients against what is due. If money is not received as expected then follow up enquiries will be required. This involves liaising with client's accounts payable department, account handling teams and any other contacts necessary to achieve timely payment.
- Billing all clients within deadline. This includes being the 'final check', ensuring that all media bookings have been added correctly and issuing sales invoices.
- Sending out client statements post billing.
- Running credit checks and updating client records to accurately reflect the credit limits that are held. This includes mitigating risk to within an acceptable level through the use of credit insurance and effective credit control.
- Generally maintaining and updating the sales ledger.
- Any ad hoc work as required, most significantly being a support to the Finance Manager on any additional work that may be required from time to time.
The successful Permanent Sales Ledger Controller must fulfill the following:
- A proven background in a similar Accounts Receivable focused role
- Be studying AAT or ICM
- Experience of performing well under pressure
- Experience of working well on your own and as part of a team and managing your own time
- Pleasant telephone manner and the ability to quickly build professional working relationships
- Have strong processes/ computer systems experience including Microsoft Excel
Great office environment and culture.