IFDS - Registration/AML Operations & Projects - Vice President
Who we are looking for
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry and take a lead role in the management and strategic development of the department. You will be expected to lead the department’s activities with a major focus on setting department strategy, change management, resource planning and development, client relationship management and risk reduction. In addition, you will be expected to work with the Joint Venture partners and other Joint Venture companies to promote and secure the ongoing growth and development of IFDS Ireland whilst ensuring the process complies with relevant regulations & corporate policies.
Why this role is important to us
- Develop the organisation in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings and HR policies
- Make sound AML / KYC decisions including, not limited to resourcing requirements, anti-money laundering assessments, risks and controls.
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- As a member of the senior management team lead, direct and manage the department and contribute to the leadership of IFDS Europe as required
- Responsible for the setting and achievement of TA Department and IFDS Europe performance targets and objectives
What you will be responsible for
- Act as an SME in terms of the Irish industry, Corporate requirements and cross-border / Luxembourg regulations and other jurisdictions as necessary
- Influence and shape investor AML/CTF strategy with an emphasis of implementation of AML IV regulations and other new regulations as necessary
- Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately, working in partnership with the Risk, Compliance and Audit representatives from the Joint Venture entities.
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Using corporate PPR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
- Leading change initiatives which promote overall process efficiency & effectiveness, including changes to operating processes, procedures & systems.
RISK & REGULATORY
- Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department
- Utilise management information to assist in managing both clients and resources
- Work with fellow VPs to support the Head of Department and deputise in their absence as required
- Actively support the overall organization and Transfer Agency Training Plan
- Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilisation
- Maintain an expert knowledge of industry and policy updates and speaking confidently to clients on same.
- Responsible for the ownership and management of vendor, audit and regulatory body relationships, as required
- Continually develop expertise in all area of the industry
- Foster an environment where procedures, policies and processes paying particular attention to AML policies and procedures are adhered to and procedural changes are introduced to enhance the ongoing performance of the department
- Foster an environment where excellent client service delivery is the standard
- Manage complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from above and below
- Ownership, management and development of strong client relationships
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively as part of a team & with senior lines of business.
- Understand regulatory requirements in relation to tax reporting as they affect investor account set-up and maintenance, e.g. FATCA, CRS
- Ability to work in partnership with Compliance, Risk, MLRO and other 2nd line functions representing Registration Services when required
- Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues with regard to Transfer Agency operations
- Lead and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Lead and contribute to your chosen Focus Group
- Strong communication, negation & collaboration skills, including the ability to negotiate with numerous parties & reach agreeable solutions
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change
- Proven ability to effectively multi-task & successfully work on several unrelated projects at the same time.
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
- Provide support during the implementation of change
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives
- Lead ongoing reviews of current practices and procedures with a view of identifying and implementing efficiencies.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- SME knowledge of AML/CFT requirements and regulations across multiple jurisdictions with practical experience of dealing with Anti-Money Laundering matters across multiple jurisdictions as required.
- Client focused with a proven track record of delivering excellent client service
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record for developing and retaining staff.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Project Management expertise within an operational function
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skill
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
- Typically candidate will have significant experience in a similar environment including several years in a senior management capacity.
What we value
- Accurate and Precise
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communications skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.