Senior Audit Manager, Business Banking
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this mean for you”
Group Audit & Assurance (GA&A) provide independent, objective and commercial risk focused assurance to the Board Audit Committee to assist the Group in securing and enhancing the financial well being of its stakeholders. GA&A were recognised by Ernst & Young and PwC as the leading internal audit function among Australian peers in the financial services industry.
See yourself in our team
The Business Banking team is responsible for auditing CBA’s Business Banking portfolio, which includes the Everyday Business Banking (Deposits, Merchants, Customer, Digital, and Payments etc.), Business Lending (including Asset Finance, Property Finance, and Corporate Finance) and CommSec.
This covers customer-facing teams in segments including Small Business Banking, Commercial Banking, Regional & Agribusiness Banking and Major Client Group.
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Overseeing the delivery of a professional and highly valued audit service to the business and the Group’s Audit & Risk Committees, including relevant subsidiary boards and committees
- Providing objective assurance on risk management to key customers (e.g. Group Executives and their leadership teams) to secure the financial well being of the Bank’s customers
- Providing commercial insights to customers that makes a real difference to their business
Do work that matters
- Assisting the Executive Manager to build, review and deliver a relevant, dynamic, risk-based audit plan to appropriately capture key and emerging operational, regulatory and finance risks
- Effectively team lead, supervise and effectively resource audits, manage the audit budget, draft the Audit Planning Memo (APM) for Executive Manager review and chair team meetings as well as administration of key audit stage-gates in the audit electronic workflow system
- Support the quality assurance program and use of analytics during audit/reviews to drive audit efficiency and deeper insights
- Create and maintain collaborative relationships with the GA&A executive and leadership teams and management across the Institutional Banking & Markets and Business Banking businesses
- Prepare and deliver simple, pragmatic and easy to read audit reports for customers, including the Board Audit Committee and relevant subsidiary board and risk committees to provide end to end view of risk
- Build and sustain independent and objective relationships with Line 1, Line 2 risk management, Project Steering Committees and external audit, ensuring appropriate assurance coverage and monitoring of emerging risks across Markets and Treasury
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Extensive understanding and experience in, risk or internal audit covering Business Banking and Retail Equity Trading functions. Applicants with strong Business experience in these areas will also be considered.
- Depth of knowledge of the Operational, Credit, Market and Regulatory risks associated with these businesses
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and senior stakeholder engagement with the ability to present and influence the leadership team and senior management
- Relevant professional and/or internationally recognised audit qualifications
If this sounds interesting to you, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 29/09/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.