Senior Accountant, Private Equity
- Responsible for performing a variety of accounting, analytical, & financial reporting duties ensuring client and investor activity reporting is prepared and completed appropriately.
- Serves as a technical accounting expert without management responsibilities and is seen as a subject matter expert and key advisor on significant business/accounting decisions to team and partners.
- Assists in preparing, compiling, and verifying external client and regulatory reporting.
- Prepares financial information for stockholders/investor reports.
- Researches and assists in interpreting the impact of recent accounting developments in the division. Disseminates findings to manager and other partners involved.
- Communicates with partners to resolve discrepancies or provide assistance on accounting or disclosure issues.
- Conducts special analysis and projects as assigned and prepares reports of detailed findings for management review.
- Helps train and monitor performance of team members, co-workers and client deliverables.
This position is technical and service oriented. Knowledge of private equity accounting normally acquired through a four year degree program or related work experience is required to perform private equity administration, financial accounting and reporting duties.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory reporting usually acquired through related work experience is necessary to prepare reports.
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills are necessary to utilize financial data and prepare reports.
- The ideal candidate must have strong personal computer skills and be well acquainted with Microsoft Excel, as they are required to prepare financial reports and to utilize on-line and mainframe systems.
- Experience with Investran preferred.
3-4 years of private equity accounting experience with a related business degree is a must with a minimum of 3 years client servicing or related experience. We are looking for individuals who have the ability to work effectively in a team environment, exhibiting initiative, leadership, and flexibility.
The ideal candidate will have a formal education in accounting and/or related business degree, CPA accreditation, understand the complexities of the private equity markets via their past work experience and have experience with Investran and MS Suite of Systems (Excel/Access/Word) (intermediate/advanced level).
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.