2 days left
- Experience level
Due to ongoing growth, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join an expanding Audit team. You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and for undertaking significant business development activity with support from regional and Dublin based partners. The role involves providing audit and related services to companies and groups operating across a wide range of sectors, in addition to participating in the management of Grant Thornton’s Audit and Assurance group, comprising over 450 dedicated professionals including over 120 partners, directors and managers.
By joining our Audit and Assurance team, you will work closely with our partners and will have a real opportunity to provide a valued opinion within the team. Excellent opportunities exist for motivated and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- identifying client needs and new business opportunities within client organisations;
- project management - take responsibility for managing a large and varied portfolio of clients;
- supervise and train junior members of the team to ensure that Grant Thornton’s standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process;
- prepare and present business tenders in order to develop and grow your client portfolio;
- working capital management – manage work in progress and billings;
- client fee negotiation;
- take full responsibility for managing and reviewing the work of the audit team; and
- cross-business unit liaison with other teams such as tax, advisory etc.
Skills and attributes:
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- minimum 7+ years’ experience;
- strong technical skills (Irish GAAP and International auditing standards. IFRS experience an advantage but not essential);
- experience in public company audits (preferable but not essential);
- electronic auditing experience;
- ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines;
- ability to make professional judgements based on findings;
- portfolio management experience;
- strong attention to detail and analytical assessment;
- experience working as part of a team supporting others;
- be commercially aware; and
- Experience gained in a Big 4 accounting firm would be advantageous.;
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.