Accounts Payable Specialist
Working in a finance team of 15, your will have sole responsibility for managing the accounts payable and expenses function of this fast growing financial services organisation as well as take on other duties around month end and cashbook. Based in North West London.
A growing and dynamic financial services business based in North West London with conveniently situated offices.
As the AP specialist, you will be responsible for making accurate payments to all creditors within the agreed contract terms in accordance with Company's policies and procedures.
You will work reasonably independently as regards to the management and delivery of all requirements of the accounts payable function.
You will also work closely with other sections in Finance and departments across the Company to provide support as required.
- Maintaining the accounts payable ledger by posting all invoices into the accounting system for UK group
- Verification of invoices to ensure accuracy of the amounts to be paid, coding to the correct nominal account and there is appropriate invoice authorisation to prevent fraud in line with approved mandates
- Preparing payment proposals for authorisation
- Ensuring payments are sent on a weekly basis and remittances posted to suppliers
- Processing employee and corporate credit card expenses
- Verifying supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers, handling all supplier queries and ensuring that the supplier relationships are maintained.
- Supporting the process for broker commission payment runs
- Daily update of cashbook for day to day bank accounts
- Preparing accounting journals for specific month end tasks
- Providing cover for other members of the Finance team
- Review internal finance procedures
Previous roles in Accounts Payable essential (2-3 years) and a desire to work in an Accounts Payable role in a sole charge capacity. Also keen to take on additional tasks outside of Accounts Payable e.g. cashbook, journals etc
Positive personality who enjoys working as part of a team
Initially working from home until the team return to the office
Excellent potential for career development
Study support for AAT, ACCA or CIMA if required
Full benefits package
Close to the Tube and / or Parking available