Tax - Indirect Tax Director - Dubai
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Indirect Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients optimise cash flow and reduce risk by managing challenges related to indirect taxes. You’ll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects as well as comprehensive restructuring and reporting value added tax projects.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
We are looking for an Indirect Tax Director with strong VAT compliance, business, technical, analytical and commercial skills to drive and manage VAT compliance and advisory services for clients across the ME region, based from our Dubai office.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong and have the entrepreneurial mindset to develop and lead the function. Due to succession planning, incoming Directors will be looking to inherit and build out an existing portfolio.
As a Director, you'll work closely with the ME ITX( Middle East Indirect Tax ) teams to support clients to solve issues from strategy to execution. You will be a self starter and capable of working both co-located and as part of a global team.
You will have both a client facing and an internal role, must present well and be capable of clear and concise communication, including explaining VAT laws, regulations and concepts to clients (as well as to your colleagues) who may not understand all the work being undertaken.
- Leading and continue developing the existing clients portfolio.
- Robust experience in Indirect Taxes, preferably with EU/ UK VAT in depth experience.
- Advocate the use of technology and how it is relevant for Indirect Tax functions.
- Arrange appropriate assignments and experiences to support others' learning and development.
- Primary responsibility to oversee end to end VAT compliance and advisory services for clients across the Middle East region.
- Analyse marketplace trends - economical, social, cultural, technological - to identify opportunities and create value propositions.
- Experience with data analytics and using automated and visualisation reporting tools (such as Alteryx ,Power BI, Tableau, and Qlikview) would be a plus.
- Strong networking and influencing skills.
- Combination of autonomy with collaborative spirit.
- Solid communication skills.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.