Consulting, Finance Function - Manager (Jordan)
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. We support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge.
You will be working within the Finance Function Effectiveness team, which provides advisory services focused on the CFO agenda. The team works across a broad range of industries and delivers projects throughout the Middle East region. The work we typically undertake includes:
- Finance operating model and finance transformation
- Corporate planning, financial planning, budgeting and reporting
- Corporate treasury
- Public Financial Management, including Treasury Single Account, GFMIS and Cash to Accrual conversion
- Effective financial control, reporting and consolidation
- Shared services finance and transactional efficiencies
- Costing and cost reduction opportunities
- Leveraging ERP, EPM, Digital and Cloud technologies
- Supporting adoption of new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS) and regulatory compliance standards (e.g. introduction of indirect tax) through Process and Systems enablement
- Lead and deliver a diverse range of finance transformation projects covering Finance Policies and Procedures, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting, Quality Assurance in ERP enablement and Indirect tax.
- Identify business leads, develop proposals and work with local Partners, Directors and Senior Managers to grow the Finance Consulting business unit, ensuring that all relevant opportunities to assist clients are identified and optimised.
- Oversee the setting of project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards; working with team members to define business requirements and plan the activities for specific projects and work streams within projects.
- Monitor project budgets and prepare regular status reports for stakeholders.
- Remain up-to-date on industry and market trends and recognise the impact of these on our clients, and consequently how you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Advise clients on strategic finance-related matters and design solutions that can help transform clients’ finance functions.
- Assist in creating and presenting winning proposals to support our clients in the UAE, KSA and broader Middle East.
- Lead knowledge building and sharing, using knowledge management methodologies, techniques, and processes.
- Coordinate with others to utilise learning and development tools and techniques to analyse, identify and communicate requirements for change.
- Support the development and growth of the Middle East-based Finance Consulting team, through engaged mentoring and coaching of junior team members; performance evaluations and development plan discussions; ensuring local team utilisation; and identifying future people needs and driving local recruitment efforts as required.
- Arabic speaking is mandatory
- The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role: CA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA and CMA.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive experience of Financial Policies and Processes, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting and Tax.
- Language Skills: Excellent English and Arabic communication skills is required.
- Expertise in and experience of implementing either SAP or Oracle in Financial Modules is mandatory.
- SAP Simple Finance, SAP FICO and the integration of SAP FICO with other SAP modules OR
- Oracle E-Business Suite/Fusion Financials and their integration with other Oracle modules
- Client-focused approach, with the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships in demanding and diverse environments.
- Expertise and substantial experience of working in at least 2 industry sectors, among Public Sector, Telecoms, Industrial Products, Oil-Gas and Utilities sector.
- Interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing.
- Self-motivated and confident, with a strong work ethic and ability to proactively drive projects and teams to successful delivery.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programs Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East.
Minimum years experience required
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, out of which a minimum of 4 years must be within consulting focus on finance transformation and broader finance consulting.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.