FS Strategy and Transactions- Manager / Senior Manager – Dublin (Transaction Diligence)
What is FS Strategy and Transactions?
Financial Service (FS) Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team comprises nearly 650 dedicated financial services deals professionals across 13 EMEIA locations operating as single a fully integrated team supporting clients with strategy development through to deal execution and post deal implementation.
Our Ireland FS SaT practice is an integral part of our EMEIA Transactions team, and as a result of sustained growth and significant market activity in the Irish market the team continues to grow in size, capabilities and breath of service offering.
The Irish SaT practise services private equity and strategic corporate clients across sectors including banking, wealth management, fintech and insurance. In addition, the Irish SaT practise is a core part of EY’s global centre of excellence for aviation finance based in Dublin and leads the delivery of the firm’s aviation sector transaction offering.
Who are Strategy and Transactions?
At a time when the global business environment holds increasingly complex strategic challenges, we know that how organisations manage their capital agenda today will define their competitive position tomorrow.
As a SaT professional you will have the opportunity to work on global and high profile engagements as part of a market leading team, combined with significant development opportunities to step up and take early responsibility. Our projects are typically complex, integrated assignments that involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers, you'll work with the world’s largest organisations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the biggest and most complex cross-border engagements in the global market.
In Ireland, you will join a leading team of transaction professionals within an established EY Financial Services business. You'll help those clients to make better and more informed decisions about how they manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimise, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
If you understand capital and how to make it work harder, SaT will offer the career opportunities you’re looking for. A genuinely accessible option for those who wish to develop their career internationally.
The Irish SaT practise is high growth business comprised of a diverse mix of motivated professionals with a shared ambition to build a market leading transactions business in an environment of mutual respect, honesty and integrity. The team have embraced the flexibility afforded by new technology, teaming with off-shore hubs and modern ways of working to facilitate highest client service in current Covid-19 remote working environment.
What will I be doing?
Typical activities will include the following:
- Our Transaction Support team aims to assist clients throughout the entire transaction process, and works closely with other specialists both within SaT and other Service Lines. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
- Typically, you'll analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management.
- Based on understanding the key business drivers, prepare and review analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact funding requirements and deal valuation
- Project manage teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY both in the Ireland and internationally to form multi-disciplinary teams
- Connect with specialists in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring and communicate accordingly with clients
- Plan, prepare and Lead the preparation of client deliverables including excel databook analysis, reports, presentations and discussion packs
- Play a increasingly important role in business plan initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, client service framework)
- Work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior management members on progress.
- Help to create a positive inclusive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. And as part of your role in the wider team, you’ll have a role to play in other team initiatives – for example, account management, target client research and recruitment
Who we are
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong academic record including a degree in Business / Commerce or equivalent qualification
- ACA / ACCA qualified
- Extensive and proven Transaction experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Demonstrate a keen interest in financial services activity
- Aircraft leasing sector exposure is beneficial
- Commercial awareness gained through direct experience of the financial services sector
- Excellent analytical, IT and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work well within a team
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Strong word, excel, data analytics and PowerPoint skills
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.