Manager/Senior Manager - Restructuring Services, Transaction Advisory Services
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
Our global network of Restructuring Services professionals helps clients develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Join this team and you will help clients evaluate capital options, capture greater transaction value and achieve strategic objectives – whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business or dealing with underperformance, or looking to improve cash management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
As a Restructuring Manager/Senior Manager, you'll manage the restructuring engagement by defining the engagement scope, in consultation with the Partner, and executing it in compliance with our policies and protocols. When required, you'll personally execute designated restructuring procedures and lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Skills and attributes for success
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
- Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders
- Experience of leading independent business reviews and formal corporate insolvencies
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years (for Manager)/10 years (for Senior Managers) of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years (for manager) / 8 years (Senior Managers) of related work experience
- Aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Track record of strong performance in restructuring/advisory or insolvency related work either on behalf of creditors or distressed companies
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.