CIB EU Treasury Associate
The Corporate & Investment Bank Treasury (“CIBT”) is a critical function within CIB Finance and Business Management. It is responsible for managing the liquidity and capital positions of the investment banking businesses, establishing transparent and market-based funds transfer pricing policy and developing methodologies and metrics to improve the capital, collateral and liquidity risk management capabilities of the Corporate and Investment Bank. CIB Treasury works closely with Corporate Treasury and Asset and Liquidity Management Risk Oversight (ALM) in developing consolidated liquidity risk metrics and analysis. In its role as an advisor and oversight function to the CIB, CIBT enjoys a unique viewpoint on some of the most strategic issues facing the CIB and is often in the centre of projects shaping the future direction of the business.
The EMEA EU team brings the CIBT areas of focus with a legal entity lens specific to European entities within the region. Within EMEA, the team works closely with senior finance leadership to assess the funding and liquidity impacts of the CIB’s legal entity strategy in the region, monitors and optimizes the liquidity and funding requirements of the CIB in the regional legal entities and supports regional legal entity governance requirements as well as providing input from a regional perspective to Firmwide CIB initiatives.
This team is looking for a high performing Associate for the CIBT EU Banking team to support the reporting for JPM Bank Luxembourg (JPMBL). Given that the team is responsible for ongoing liquidity oversight for the CIB Banking activity in the region, as well as an array of initiatives in this space the responsibilities might also include support of wider agenda e.g. Interest Risk analysis for EMEA region. This role will have global exposure and responsibility across varying levels of management and is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is interested in a strategic view of the CIB’s activity and who has a keen interest in funding and liquidity risk management.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Working with the CIB LOBs, Corporate Treasury and Regional Liquidity teams to ensure appropriate measures and monitoring are in place to deliver robust management of CIB liquidity and for JPMBL through the following tasks:
- Regular forecasting of future balance sheet, funding and liquidity requirements and tracking vs. actuals
- Construction and ongoing maintenance of daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting of liquidity metrics and consolidation, working closely with Front Office, Product Control, Corporate Treasury, Legal Entity Control, ALM and Regulatory Reporting teams as needed to ensure accurate and timely liquidity reporting
- Regular reviews of EMEA legal entity liquidity stress test results (both internal and regulatory-mandated), working with the business to:
- Ensure drivers of liquidity usage are well-understood
- Improve forecasting of liquidity usage
- Optimize liquidity usage where needed
- Providing thoughtful analyses to support EU ALCO (asset and liability committee) review
- Working closely with Firmwide Liquidity Analytics, Front Office, Liquidity Risk Oversight and others as needed to ensure liquidity stress methodology is a fair and accurate representation of potential liquidity requirements of the CIB businesses (for example, playing a strong role in liquidity stress methodology ‘deep dives’ or reviewing treatment of CIB activity in LCR/NSFR frameworks)
- Partnering with Liquidity Risk Infrastructure (LRI) and Liquidity Controllers to ensure our liquidity risk reporting system is accurately reflecting business activity and liquidity risk methodology and requirements, highlighting issues or identifying enhancement opportunities and helping to drive to conclusion
- Providing thoughtful analysis required by our regulators, such as annual ILAAP and ICAAP documentation, as well as developing responses to ad hoc regulatory requests and potentially others regarding CIB funding and liquidity in the region
- Supporting legal entity strategy by contributing to the development of pro-forma analyses for the EMEA legal entities’ liquidity, funding and stress testing profiles, considering potential regulatory changes or internal strategy or risk appetite changes
- Supporting FTP, fixed core and beta reviews engaging with CIB LOBs, Corporate and wider CIBT teams. Performing regular attrition analysis for JPMBL
- Actively supporting Legal entity excess calculations, deep dive analysis and optimization for JPMBL
- Providing on-going support to off shore CIBT Mumbai team to ensure BAU reporting is accurate, timely and in accordance with latest liquidity methodologies
The preferred candidate will be a dynamic individual with intellectual curiosity and a strong track record of insightful analysis and control focus coupled with delivery of process improvements. Candidates should be able to demonstrate most or all of the following:
- Working knowledge of Investment Bank products and balance sheet, along with strong financial theory and accounting principles
- Strong analytical, investigative problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Self-starter, who is able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and capable to have high degree of self time management
- Focused work ethic, good business sense, and demonstrated initiative
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the capability to engage various functions, locations, and businesses
- A ‘hands on’ team player who is equally comfortable carrying out detailed analysis on an independent basis or coordinating input from others
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint (including PitchPro)
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication abilities
- Professional accounting qualification – preferred
- Knowledge of ALM, funding and liquidity and regulatory developments in the treasury space (e.g. LCR, NSFR) - preferred
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.