Executive Manager, Credit Risk and Models, Group Audit & Assurance
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Group Audit & Assurance (GA&A) provide independent, objective and commercial risk focused assurance to the Board Audit Committee to assist the Group in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of its stakeholders. GA&A were recognised by Ernst & Young and PwC as the leading internal audit function among Australian peers in the financial services industry.
See yourself in our team
The Risk Management and Finance Audit team is responsible for auditing the Risk Management and Financial Services Business Units of CBA. This coverage includes the following:
- Risk – Group Operational Risk, Credit and Models Risk, including providing subject matter expertise (SME) to business unit audit teams in these areas
- Finance Services – Group Finance, Group Property and Security, Investor Relations and Business Unit Finance
The core function of this role is to lead the Credit Risk and Models audit team
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Overseeing and deliver a professional and highly valued audit service to the business and Group’s Audit & Risk Committees in the area of Credit Risk and Models management
- Providing objective assurance on risk management to key customers (e.g. Group Executives and their leadership teams) to secure the financial wellbeing of the Bank’s customers
- Identifying issues together with risk and commercial insights as part of high quality audit reports, which help customers to make a difference to their business
Do work that matters
- Develop and execute of the Credit Risk and Models audit program, manage and lead large and diverse teams and engage with senior stakeholders
- Build and deliver a dynamic, risk-based audit plan and provide input to refresh this at least quarterly, to appropriately capture key and emerging risks
- Effectively lead, supervise and direct all aspects of the audit from Planning, Fieldwork, Reporting, and through to audit closure
- Be an agent of change by sharing learnings, support and drive appropriate use of analytics to strengthen and accelerate the audit findings and work closely with senior stakeholders to conclude audit findings and recommendations that can enable pragmatic business change
- Create and maintain key relationships with the Group Auditor and the GA&A executive and leadership teams, including subsidiary audit teams. Ensure all stakeholders and contributors are consulted on Group reporting and Board and senior stakeholder messaging
- Build and sustain independent and objective relationships with Line 1, Line 2 risk management, Project Steering Committees and professional services firms ensuring appropriate assurance coverage is provided
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Financial services industry based knowledge and experience in, internal auditing, risk management strategies and techniques, including the use of data analytics
- Extensive knowledge of both retail and non-retail Credit Risk management in major retail and business portfolios, including credit risk assurance and decisioning processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, management of models used across the Bank, with a focus on Internal Ratings Based (IRB) credit rating models
- Internationally recognized auditing or professional qualifications (such as ACAMS, ICA, CIA)
- Ability in building strong customer relationships based on credibility, rapport and trust
If this sounds interesting to you, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 21/09/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.