We are currently looking for high quality candidates who fit the Menzies values and also meet the below job specification requirements to be our new Audit Manager. This is a key position based out of the Leatherhead office in Surrey and forms part of the wider Core Audit & Accounts services we offer our clients.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of client portfolio including: OMB’s, SME’s and UK holdings of International client groups.
- Effective process and staff management of statutory audits and financial statement preparation; overall business advisory and attendance at client meetings.
- Planning, reviewing and managing audits, experience in specialist sectors is desirable but not essential e.g. Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Technology & Business Services .
- Review of statutory financial statements prepared under FRS102.
- Completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Marketing, including prospect follow ups, organising and attending networking events, and opportunity to be involved in relevant sector specific marketing.
- Liaison with other specialist service lines as required.
- Liaise with overseas auditors and advisors.
- Trainee people management and development: holding regular meetings and assisting with objective setting and personal development.
- Manage WIP, monthly billing and debtors.
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- ACA or ACCA qualified (degree not essential).
- Minimum of five years in an Accountancy Practice (Top 50), ideally mid-tier firm.
- Experience of substantive auditing, group audits, statutory financial statements and disclosures including consolidations.
- Solid understanding & experience of working with OMB’s and SME’s
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness and advisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong client and team relationships.
- Deal confidently, effectively and fairly with both clients and colleagues.
- Ability to manage complicated projects and multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within deadlines and budgets.