Regulatory Reporting Accountant #155983
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
As a Regulatory Reporting Accountant within Capital and Resolution Planning (CRP) Central Office, based in Raleigh, North Carolina, you will be a member of a fun, collaborative and diversified team responsible for the timely and accurate submission of the Y-14A regulatory report for the U.S.-based Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) to the Federal Reserve Board. We submit this report, containing actual and projected financial data under several macro-economic scenarios, annually to support the public Comprehensive Capital Analysis Review (CCAR) and Dodd Frank Annual Stress Test (DFAST) assessments and related CFO Attestation. Additionally, we collect and aggregate actuals data in the reporting structure on a quarterly basis to be used as jumping off points for the projections process.
We require an individual with strong technical skills who will work cross-functionally to execute the core reporting processes involving collecting, aggregating, validating, and analyzing data. In this role, you will actively learn and apply knowledge by:
- Performing key internal controls, such as system hierarchy and mapping maintenance, reconciliations, analyses, and reviews, that are essential to report production
- Participating in user acceptance testing as we implement changes and technology solutions
- Communicating requirements, deliverables, and timing of activities with our internal partners and data providers
- Performing design and operating effectiveness testing of internal controls
- Managing internal control and process flow documentation
- Becoming the subject matter expert with respect to assigned functional area(s) within the report and the data sources underlying them
- Supporting internal and external audit and quality assurance reviews
- Producing internal status tracking reports and dashboards to show impactful views of the progress of key deliverables
- Updating capital plan supporting documentation for the 14A report
- Maintaining well-documented desktop procedures
- Performing related special project/analysis work, as required
- You will gain an understanding of workflows, handoffs, key controls, reconciliations, and data sources in this position.
Strong attention to detail, exceptional communication skills, and a positive personality. Thrive in navigating large, complex organizations. We are seeking a forward-thinking and outstanding teammate with the below qualifications:
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in finance, reporting, accounting (preferably within the banking/capital markets space and/or public accounting)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting (CPA preferred)
- Love working with datasets to verify and challenge results with outstanding analytical skills
- Highly organized, hardworking, passionate about working in a team and building knowledge
- Ability to handle several tasks and deeply engage to work towards important goals with persistence
- Build trust, long-term and positive relationships with colleagues
- Stay up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- PowerPoint & Excel required as baseline skills
- Experience with Oracle Data Relationship Management, Oracle Essbase and Smart View experience is a plus!
If you consistently strive for continued growth and learning and seek out new technologies to redesign and improve existing processes and achieve efficiencies, you have found the right posting.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.