Who we are looking for
An experienced investment operations manager that will advance the efficiency and productivity of a middle office team, leveraging market standard utilities. This person will suggest and implement tools, technology, and processes that will directly improve operational service levels.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Unit Manager you will
- Supervise daily operations and processes. Motivate staff and answer or refer time sensitive questions.
- For escalated events, may perform work activities similar to the team of employees that are being supervised.
- Identify and resolve work processing issues. Make suggestions to streamline operations and /or increase departmental efficiencies.
- Prioritize and delegate work. Responsible for quality control and validity of all data.
- Defines, prioritizes, and manages successful completion of ad hoc client requests, reports and/or projects. Ensure timeliness of deliverables and that final product meets client needs.
- Coordinate/oversee special projects and audits.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Hire, train and develop new staff. Complete performance appraisals and provide input on promotions and salary increases.
- Monitor vacations, holidays and absenteeism, overtime, and ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Assist management in the implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Resource for monitoring, reporting and resolution of all issues.
- May perform other duties as requested.
- Responsible for risk management by ensuring staff understands all Standard Operating Procedures, Key Controls, and Client Specific Procedures
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- managing large scale, multi-location projects
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 4 year degree in relevant field
- Over 7 years experience in middle office operational design and improvement
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.