Exciting Opportunities - EMEIA Locations - EMEIA Tax Center - Open to flexible working
Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) – General advert
The GCR Team is part of EY’s EMEIA Tax Center (ETC). The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 590+ talented ETC professionals are based in 24 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist tax, business and technology expertise to address clients’ most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
The GCR team comprises over 200 dynamic individuals spread across 14 countries and more than 20 offices. We have specialist tax and finance skill sets spanning the areas of Service Management, Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting, Indirect Tax, Statutory Reporting, Technology and Data Management, Finance BPO, Funds Tax Management, and Payroll. We focus on supporting our clients in managing their compliance and reporting requirements, centrally and locally, and delivering on their transformation agendas. We are a team which embraces diversity and inclusion with a mix of cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. We believe this makes us perfectly suited to the global environment in which we work.
We are recruiting across all levels from Newly Qualified up to Associate Partner in our Service Management, Direct Tax, Tax Compliance & Reporting, Indirect Tax, Technology & Data Management, Statutory Reporting and Financial Ops teams across the following locations: UK, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Lithuania and Romania.
During such uncertain times of travel we would ideally expect you to join us in the location you are already based.
Your key responsibilities
Key responsibilities will vary depending on the level and role, some responsibilities across various areas include:
- (TDM) Deployment and positioning of the market leading EY’s Global Tax Platform (GTP)
- (TDM) Development of new and evolving technology and tools to transform GCR service delivery
- (Direct Tax) Preparing tax provisions and reviewing outputs from EY local country teams
- (Direct Tax) Implement new engagements and seek process improvement opportunities on exiting engagements
- (Financial Ops) Helping to work on and maintain Finance Operations certification initiatives across various teams and Delivery locations.
- Service Delivery and Managing engagement finances
Skills and attributes for success
- Good communication skills
- An ability to distill complex concepts into simple messages
- Organized and able to manage your workload
- The capability to continually re-prioritise tasks
- The ability to resolve issues
- Be able to successfully work with an extended team in multiple jurisdictions
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
- ACA/ACCA/CA/ATT/CTA qualification or equivalent
- Degree level qualification or proven work record in a similar environment
- Some areas will require specific experience including US GAAP and/or IFRS experience
- Extensive VAT, Corporate Tax or statutory reporting experience
- Professional experience in audit/accounting ideally working with global clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Understanding and experience working with various ERP reporting solutions
- Project management skills, the ability to plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines and monitor own budget
- Track record of managing teams and mentoring staff for Manager and above levels
- Experience of working in a virtual team with multiple locations
- International Tax knowledge
What we look for
We are looking for individuals with a transformative mindset, people who can see past what we do today and dream up what we could do tomorrow. We want people who communicate well, work as part of a team and drive their responsibilities through to completion.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.